Which is the best intake?

• AEM

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • K&N

Votes: 82 49.1%
  • Volant

Votes: 49 29.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

animalbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or save even more money and get some "no name brand" off ebay they all do the same thing:)

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just want a new intake tube and than i plan to midify my air box to try and cram more air into it

jniolon

Reaction score
Jenna, Ty, anybody ???

I know the goal is to cram in lots of cool air... but I want to cram in lots of cool CLEAN air...

anyone seen any comparison specs on filter media.... K&N vrs AEM vrs Volant ???

somewhere I remember reading that K&N was the least restrictive but also it passed the most 'stuff' thru the filter... and all that stuff enters your engine..
clean air and clean oil keep one going longer...

later
John

JennaBear

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I am very happy with my AEM, but I don't think you can go wrong with the K&N 77 either.

tybardy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jenna, Ty, anybody ???

I know the goal is to cram in lots of cool air... but I want to cram in lots of cool CLEAN air...

anyone seen any comparison specs on filter media.... K&N vrs AEM vrs Volant ???

somewhere I remember reading that K&N was the least restrictive but also it passed the most 'stuff' thru the filter... and all that stuff enters your engine..
clean air and clean oil keep one going longer...

later
John

this is always in the back of my mind for personal reasons... I put a K&N in my honda 450 (quad) and blew the motor, WAYYYY to much dirt got in... now i realize that it was a bonehead move on my part because it was obviously in the dirt all day and should have had more protection... however, this seemed to be a telling sign of what my K&N replacment filter might be doing to my Truck...

still, i have the K&N replacment and am mildly satisfied... like i said, I plan to modify the air box and replace the factory air tube with an airraid tube, this should give me all the air my truck needs. hopefully my K&N doesnt kill my truck

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is always in the back of my mind for personal reasons... I put a K&N in my honda 450 (quad) and blew the motor, WAYYYY to much dirt got in... now i realize that it was a bonehead move on my part because it was obviously in the dirt all day and should have had more protection... however, this seemed to be a telling sign of what my K&N replacment filter might be doing to my Truck...

still, i have the K&N replacment and am mildly satisfied... like i said, I plan to modify the air box and replace the factory air tube with an airraid tube, this should give me all the air my truck needs. hopefully my K&N doesnt kill my truck

I've had a K&N drop in in my Ram for around 8 years. I haven't looked at the internals, and it's not in the dirt all day, but it's still going. I put a K&N drop in in my Bonneville about 5 years ago, it's still going fine, once again, it's obviously not Bajahing it. I put an AirRaid intake in my Durango R/T, gave me a 2 mpg bump, it was in it for 2 or 3 years before the ride got totaled. I now have an AEM Brute Force in my 'Ho. I like the K&N's and AirRaid but I was never 100% certain I had enough oil in them yet not too much when I cleaned them. That's why I like the Brute Force dry element. It's only been in a few months so I haven't needed to service it yet but when I do it will be a wash and air dry deal, no oil to mess with.

CincinnatiZ

Reaction score
My Rubicon (jeep wrangler) was sponsored by AEM intakes. They hooked me up with a free ($360) intake and it helped my 4.0 out A LOT. quality all the way but a PITA to keep clean IF you go polished.

wmgood64

Reaction score
I have a Volant with the lower tube that gets air thru the tow hook hole

bigjhinton

Reaction score
If you want your computer tuned. The best man for the job is Randy Ritchey of Computer Associates in San Dimas. Took my 07 Tahoe to him after installing a Vollant cold air intake and being lucky enough to be a test vehicle for Vollants cat back exhaust system. All together made a huge difference. I have a little over 113,000 miles on mine. Manual shifts at 5950 rpm, max speed 140.Just about beat a lil Chevy cobalt SS the other night.

blenderwizard

Reaction score
Back in the day, I went all in and bought a K&N FIPK for my 02 Silverado. Jump forward about 11 years, and I bought a $50 cold air intake off of ebay for my 03 Tahoe. I honestly can't tell the difference, except in what I spent.