Which is the best intake?

• AEM

Votes: 36 21.6%
  • K&N

Votes: 82 49.1%
  • Volant

Votes: 49 29.3%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigjherms

Reaction score
What do you think id the best intake? K&N, AEM, Volant, etc.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Volant is a good system but I love my aem, might paint my tube black sometime tho
IMG00192.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn the k&n filters the worst and it's leading the poll, and it uses oil :skep:

ayeplussjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about the XDI Trueflow intakes? Anybody try the trueflows? My buddy swears by em but I was thinking about going with the AEM.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard good stuff about the s&b as well, got my aem for free tho so I can't complain.

Botches

Reaction score
Outlaw intakes were good I heard but I have never had experience with one...

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outlaw intakes were good I heard but I have never had experience with one...

Never heard of them... Seems most around here are K&N, AEM, Volant, and S&B. Oh yeah, don't forget the pricey GMPP setup as well...

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Botches

Reaction score
I am keeping track of another post on a different forum to see if anyone has any experience with those. If you read into some of the warranty info. they seem to state (from my understanding with a quick pass over) if it doesnt do what is says it will, or you are unhappry with it they will buy it back. I am sure there was more to it than that, but I just closed it out.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the gmpp is a re-named aem, at least the one at the dealer I bought my denali from was. I'm not a fan of the closed boxes from a restriction standpoint but it seems like the volants are a good setup.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does that closed setup compare to the aem or k&n style and be effective? Ive never heard of that style of CAI...

Botches

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on the difference of these volants intakes

Part number 15153

Part number 15053

Why cant you interchange the two.......They both use the same filters and fit 6.0 gm engines. what makes them different.....

SapperRyash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard good stuff about the s&b as well, got my aem for free tho so I can't complain.

BOOST! you love me right? you know i love you! can i get a FREE intake? ill pay the shipping!!! :shhh: i wont tell anyone!

Botches

Reaction score
Does anyone have info on the difference of these volants intakes

Part number 15153

Part number 15053

Why cant you interchange the two.......They both use the same filters and fit 6.0 gm engines. what makes them different.....

I think I found it to be the same intake... One comes supplied with a grommet and the other one uses one you already have.