Possible 07 Tahoe engine fires!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Government investigates GM SUVs on reports of engine fires

By Shawn Langlois
Last update: 12:29 p.m. EST Feb. 11, 2008Print RSS Disable Live Quotes

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Reports of engine fires from two General Motors Corp.'s (GM:General Motors Corporation
News, chart, profile, more
Last: 26.91+1.11+4.28%

12:22pm 02/11/2008

(GM 26.91, +1.11, +4.3%) 2007 Chevy Tahoe owners have triggered an investigation into the automaker's full-size SUV lineup, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Web site on Monday. The vehicles were allegedly parked in home garages with the engines off when the fires ignited and caused "significant property damage." There were no reports of fatalities. NHTSA said the investigation covers about 400,000 vehicles.

dmargaros

Reaction score
2 Fires Reported

Government investigating reports of fires in GM SUVs

February 11, 2008

ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON — The government is investigating reports of engine fires in General Motors’ full-size sport utility vehicles.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says it has received two reports of fires on 2007 model year Chevrolet Tahoe SUVs.

Both reports allege that the vehicles were parked in a home garage with the engine shut off when the fires occurred, causing significant property damage.

The investigation, which also includes the 2007 GMC Yukon SUV, involves about 423,000 SUVs.

General Motors Corp. spokesman Alan Adler said today the company was cooperating with the government. He said GM has not been able to identify any trend with the vehicles.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Government investigates GM SUVs on reports of engine fires

By Shawn Langlois
Last update: 12:29 p.m. EST Feb. 11, 2008Print RSS Disable Live Quotes

SAN FRANCISCO (MarketWatch) -- Reports of engine fires from two General Motors Corp.'s (GM:General Motors Corporation
News, chart, profile, more
Last: 26.91+1.11+4.28%

12:22pm 02/11/2008

(GM 26.91, +1.11, +4.3%) 2007 Chevy Tahoe owners have triggered an investigation into the automaker's full-size SUV lineup, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's Web site on Monday. The vehicles were allegedly parked in home garages with the engines off when the fires ignited and caused "significant property damage." There were no reports of fatalities. NHTSA said the investigation covers about 400,000 vehicles.

Could you post a link to this?:skep: I heard of fords catching on fire, but not Chevy's

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or the smoke test where you follow the smoke to find the defective part. :smilielol:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my god, i walked out of the store today and saw a firetruck parked in the lot with the lights on and smell smoke. i run to the truck to find some guy in a ford explorer had his truck on fire, found out he left a cigar in there on the leather and it ignighted. SOME PEOPLE JUST LIVE FOR THE DARWIN AWARDS. :smilielol:

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
my god, i walked out of the store today and saw a firetruck parked in the lot with the lights on and smell smoke. i run to the truck to find some guy in a ford explorer had his truck on fire, found out he left a cigar in there on the leather and it ignighted. SOME PEOPLE JUST LIVE FOR THE DARWIN AWARDS. :smilielol:

What a moron!, typical For driver.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad I found this article. I was beginning to think it was a bad dream when I owned my 00 Expedition, and had that recall. I hope this turns into nothing, but I will be staying on top of service dept. for info updates.
By the way, I'm new to this forum, and Hi everyone.