Post your Tahoe gremlins here...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
My '01 did the same thing..

My 07 Tahoe has recently been making a high pitched squealing sound at low speeds. Once underway ~30 mph, the noise goes away. The noise sounds like it is coming from the engine bay.

I have ~500 miles on the truck with no mods to the engine. It seems like a few people are experiencing this and hopefully the person getting their truck inspected can update us.

Like a mouse in the engine...injectors...

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, it really sounds like turbos spooling up! Yeah I wish...

The person getting their truck inspected seemed to think it was related to the belts. We'll see.

08Tahoe

Reaction score
Try this...

No, it really sounds like turbos spooling up! Yeah I wish...

The person getting their truck inspected seemed to think it was related to the belts. We'll see.

Cruise at around 20-25MPH and BARELY touch the gas...just BARELY give it a little more gas....see if you hear the 'whine' just for a split second....my '02 used to do it all the time and drove me crazy...

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cruise at around 20-25MPH and BARELY touch the gas...just BARELY give it a little more gas....see if you hear the 'whine' just for a split second....my '02 used to do it all the time and drove me crazy...

No whine at ~22 mph w/ barely any throttle. I will probably take it in a few weeks.

LTZJoe

Reaction score
The gremlin that caused me to lose XM returned again. Same as before, on the display at the top of the screen showing AM, FM, XM, CD, etc., XM had disappeared and wasn't even an option. And again, shutting her down, with the door open, left the radio ON.

As well, I've read on here somewhere, where someone was asking whether the steering wheel-mounted controls were illuminated. Mine WERE one night, then off again the next time. If I try to think of the sequence of events that led up to them being on, it goes a little something like this: the vehicle was remotely started and ran for a few minutes, indoors; upon inserting and turning key, I fumbled through the center storage bin for a moment, and then proceeded to hit the garage door opener on the HomeLink; upon exit of the garage into the night, I noticed they were on. AND THEY LOOK SHARP!!!

Gremlins...gotta hate 'em!

Gettreal

Reaction score
OK....just experienced my Gremlin for the 2nd time....you guys think you have it bad....listen to this one... (how embarassing) Ive had my Yukon 6 months now and have 12k miles on it and this just happened for the second time so predicting it seems next to impossible..

Im driving home (thank god Im alone) and all of a sudden my windshield wipers come on....and to make it worse.... the washers start to spray all by themselves..for like 5 seconds.... then it shuts off.....and does it again 15 seconds later....and again....and again.... i finally pulled over shut the truck off and yelled at it... waited a few minutes....started it back up and off I went...Nothing this time...so hows that for a gremlin

Hardin Thicke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
.......all of a sudden my windshield wipers come on....and to make it worse.... the washers start to spray all by themselves..for like 5 seconds.... then it shuts off.....and does it again 15 seconds later........

Do you have the heated washer fluid option? If you do, is there a possibility that you accidentally hit the button?

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the heated washer fluid option? If you do, is there a possibility that you accidentally hit the button?

Sounds exactly like the problem. I also really doubt you could call it a Tahoe gremlin that the ABS comes on after you installed an aftermarket lowering kit. Sounds more like an install or product problem from the lowering kit than a GM issue.

P_RsTahoe

Reaction score
I would think the same thing, however it's happening to several people who have lowered their tahoes. So I'm going to say it has to be something with the sensors sending wrong info to the computer.

Eric137

Reaction score
I am so irritated at the brakes squeaking when you first drive. It goes away when the brakes warm up but it is embarrassing cause it is so loud. I am considering changing the factory pads because the dealer said it is normal. Yah right. I only have 2k miles on my ride.

My '07 Tahoe is only 6 months old and the brakes do the same thing......american engineering at its finest......"it is normal"......ha.....

doo600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would think the same thing, however it's happening to several people who have lowered their tahoes. So I'm going to say it has to be something with the sensors sending wrong info to the computer.

Maybe, but the truck was not designed to be lowered. If it was, GM would of offered the option. It's like saying the aftermarket stereo that was installed doesn't work with the onstar. It's not designed to, it's only designed to work with the original equipment. If you put it back to the way it left the factory it will function properly.

yukc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My '07 Tahoe is only 6 months old and the brakes do the same thing......american engineering at its finest......"it is normal"......ha.....

I called GM since the dealer said it was normal, I complained and complained until the dealer finally treated the pads at their cost. They wanted to charge me $85 bucks. Then they did it and said they found a tsb or something and that GM would pay for it. It fixed the squealing for about 2 weeks and now it is coming back. I knew that wouldn't fix it. I am going to keep taking it back until they fix it or buy back the truck. Either way I am not going to let this slide.

Eric137

Reaction score
annoying, isn't it? I hate going back to the dealer--their service is terrible...my wife drives an Acura TL, and the service at the Acura dealership is awesome, especially compared to Chevy....

Dan Chris

Reaction score
Blows Fuse F13

It blows F13 when you try to lock or unlock the doors.

Sometimes it blows as soon as you replace it, other times only when you use the switch.

phil11

Reaction score
Love it for the most part, as it is the wifes car, but.......

Several times the reverse gear does not engage. I have to go back to park and try again. Terrible for a car at this cost.

Loss of signal on XM

Now, the tire monitor light is showing malfunction.

That's it for now.....