Post your Tahoe peeves here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
21,000 miles now. my peeves:

c) I am going to absolutely wear the leather off the outer bolster of the drivers seat. I have seen this on so many GM SUVs and trucks. it needs to be reinforced.
g) Why is my fuel cap not yellow. everyone says it should be since it is flex fuel but mine is just plain black.:) Surely this takes away from resale value:).
h) Why can the corner Quick Lube reset my oil change computer every time but the dealer either cannot or does not when they change the oil?
QUOTE]

c) Use the running board
g) Because you don't have an E85 truck. If you do, then the factory or dealer screwed up.
h) You can reset the oil change computer. It's in the manual.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hardin Thicke said:
Never thought there'd be an advantage down the road when I was the shortest kid in class.

2 More peeves:

-The blinkers continue to blink several times after you let go of the stem making you think you they're still on which results in slamming the stem in the other direction....and so on....and so on.....
QUOTE]

The tahoe was built with that feature. When changing lanes you just have to move the stick slightly and it blinks 3 or 4 times. I like the feature personally.

And in the tow mode, they blink six times.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Tahoe, but one thing I hate is when you listen to the radio with the engine off, you get only 10 minutes before it shuts off, kind of annoying.

Much longer than that and you'll be looking for the jumper cables. :mad2:

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 'rattle'/creak

Right at the driver side at ear level (left side)...sounds like it may be rubber on metal, so I siliconed all the rubber trim around the door..no help..sounds like it might be the seat belt adjuster when I hit bumps..anyone else have a very slight rattle/creaking near the seat belt adjuster on the driver side?!!? I hate creaks/rattles...:mad:

Grillmaster

Reaction score
Right at the driver side at ear level (left side)...sounds like it may be rubber on metal, so I siliconed all the rubber trim around the door..no help..sounds like it might be the seat belt adjuster when I hit bumps..anyone else have a very slight rattle/creaking near the seat belt adjuster on the driver side?!!? I hate creaks/rattles...:mad:

Oh my god I have that on my Denali and HATE it! :mad2: I've even had my wife ride back there just to see if she can pin point where it is coming from. No luck so far. If you figure it out please post the fix.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is one of two things...

Oh my god I have that on my Denali and HATE it! :mad2: I've even had my wife ride back there just to see if she can pin point where it is coming from. No luck so far. If you figure it out please post the fix.

If you look where the seatbelt passes through, on the back side the plastic is rough...sometimes the seatbelt 'catches' on the rough plastic and makes a 'catching' sound. This could be it as mine only does it when riding over rough stuff (i.e. seatbelt JUST moves and catches on rough plastic). If this is it, you could put something smooth over the rough plastic edge to keep the belt from catching on it when it moves. If you test this theory, sit in the car with your seatbelt on and JUST move it a little and see if you can hear the belt catching....

OR it's the mechanism that allows you to adjust the height of the seatbelt. Anyone know how to tighten it up so it does't move so much?

rod456

Reaction score
1. No way to turn off autolock. Every other vehicle I have owned you could do this via a sequence of buttons.

2. 6.0 or 6.2 engine option for the Tahoe, not just the burb. 6 Speed a wish, but not really needed vs. larger engine for towing.

3. Crapping radio interface and tone controls. How about some fixed equalization settings?

4. Crappy DIC. Tell me which seat belt or door is not closed, my 04 Denali had this.

5. Folding second row seats take up too much room. Fold flat like they used to in the previous models like my 04 Denali did. Seat rails make the storage area non flat which is pain in rear.....

6. Who in their right mind needs a third row of seats in a Tahoe. We buy them because they are smaller and don't need the lenght of a Burb!!

7. Z71 needs built in front splash gaurds to keep rocks chips off the door!!

8. Sun visor needs dual shades one for side and windshield like my 04 Denali had.

9. Cup holders will not hold two cups with handles at once.

Guess I should have kept the Denali or bought a new Denali..........

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use the third row seats. I didn't get a burb because of it's length, the approach angle wouldn't work for me.
Has anyone asked a chevy tech how the autolock can be shut off?

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found rattle..need help solving.

The rattle I am getting is from the re-coil mechanism for the seatbelt for the driver seat. If I tap the plastic cover where the seat belt retracts, I can hear it rattling making the exact same sound I get when I hit bumps. How do I get to it and when I do, what can be done to get rid of the rattle???

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the recoil mechanism in the panel between front and 2nd row doors...

Just pull the panel back that goes from the belt height adjuster and the floor and you will have access to the mechanism....tap it a couple times and see if it rattles...mine did like crazy and I got rid of 99% of the sound by wedging velcro between the mechanism and the body frame and putting a coupe sponges in 'encasing' it when I popped the panel back in place...eventually I will get it fixed, but don't want to have to go to dealer just for this...maybe when I pick up my plates or take in my satisfaction survey for my free tank of gas...

BuckyT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know, but you would have to change the heavy cables and the junction block location, don't know why they moved it next to the firewall, maybe for weight distribution?

I was told they moved the battery in anticipation of the new Hybrid which has additional engine compartment equipment in the drivers side front where the old battery location was.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was told they moved the battery in anticipation of the new Hybrid which has additional engine compartment equipment in the drivers side front where the old battery location was.

I heard the same thing. Wished they had put our battery up front and the hybrid box back there in the hole under the fender braces, etc. :mad2:

gmtech24

Reaction score
removing auto lock feature

I work at a dealer and you can go in bcm with tech 2 and reprogram bcm with new software to eliminate this. Means you will have to take in. The recall on reprograming the bcm with battery run-down has an option to disable the auto door locks says per customer request. Hope this helps

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What auto lock?

I work at a dealer and you can go in bcm with tech 2 and reprogram bcm with new software to eliminate this. Means you will have to take in. The recall on reprograming the bcm with battery run-down has an option to disable the auto door locks says per customer request. Hope this helps

I thought I saw last night that you can turn this feature off...are we talking about auto locking the doors when you turn the key or put the car in drive or are we talking about when you walk away from the car?

Also, is there a way to program it so the side mirrors fold in every time the car is shutoff or the key is removed?

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a really important issue not posted here already.

The 3rd row bench *has to* be made sliding forth and back. For a utility vehicle there just has to be the option to either have more space for passenger or cargo, espectively. Just imagine 8 in more 3rd row legroom when riding with 8 adult passengers. And reducing the legroom for doing some shopping on the way home. Even the Town & Country has that. Just don't get it that this is not possible :eek:

Jim

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Town and Country doesn't have a transmission sitting below the passenger compartment, there's a lot more you can do with front wheel drive vans.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong not believing that the tranny stretches out to the 3rd row seat.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tranny goes as far as the front of the 3rd row. Regardless, in a fwd van there is no tranny rear of the front row seating area.