Post your Tahoe peeves here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clarification. In any case it is easy to modify the 3rd row seat in a such a way that it can move. It just needs two U shaped profiles slitting and then arresting in each other. Strange that there is no aftermarket available.

07TahoeLTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll just keep on asking...

Is there any way to get the side mirrors to fold in automatically at turning off Tahoe....either by self or dealerr re-programe?

jimjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not standard. There is either a hidden fuction or the dealer can do it. Would be a good idea, though.

Jim

AlecThigpen

Reaction score
Pet Peeves

I would think they could set the vacuum or computer so that the car, in 4 cylinder mode, could maintain level ground speed using "only" the 150-160 horsepower that 4 cylinders produce. Most cars can drive uphill rather easily on 150 horsepower, even pulling a small boat or trailer. The Yukon XL should be able to do it on level ground without a trailer. I think if they did that, we might see 21 mpg highway instead of 16-18.

dcovell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be a performance mode, normal, and economy. Where performance disables the 4 cylinder mode, normal would be like it is now and economy would enable the 4 cylinder mode more agresivly, to the point where it would hesitate shifting back to 8 cylinder.

AlecThigpen

Reaction score
That could be a really easy computer setting, but I don't think we will see it.

Rafael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must be a reason they dont do that. My guess is that they think too many people would complain about a lack of power.

KCinAZ

Reaction score
After a week, my only minor complaint is no dead pedal for your left foot. My Trailblazer SS had a perfectly positioned footrest, was very comfortable with your leg stretched out.

dmargaros

Reaction score
Headroom

Oh yeah, you're telling me, the headroom leaves much to be desired. Or more directly, the inability to lower the seat bottom more is the real culprit. I am 6'3", and I have to lean the seat back more than I want to to avoid making contact with the headrest on any bumps...of course, the sunroof makes it even worse.

I don't know why the seat has so little vertical adjustment, it really sucks. I even thought of removing the seat and seeing if there is a way to lower the mounting points an inch or two...

Also, why can't they give us a steering wheel that telescopes in and out like just about every other vehicle out there? I'd trade the power pedals for that any day...

I agree, the headroom is ridiculously low for a vehicle of this size. I am 6'3" also..probably more torso than legs...and I physically cannot fit into a Tahoe with the sunroof. Ended up having to get a Z71 without a sunroof...and even then...there is barely about an inch of clearance....even with the seat as low as it goes. The visors are of no use to me as the completely obstruct my view in the down position.

ki4izq

Reaction score
i am sorry but i dont understand the peeve about the winshield washers only "spraying" one spot.... Mine are attached to the wiper arm and "spray" wherever the arm is moving...

A. i do hate the auto locking doors...
B. 3rd row seats are a waste
c. i agree, NO rear storage... i had to put my trailer hitch in the compartment with the jack.
d. no bluetooth for cell phones..... i guess it would take away from onstar sales...

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
couple things to clarify, im 6.2 and i have a sunroof and i think head room is fine, um my winshield sprayers are on the arms of the whinshild, so it does a great job.

if gm had a fold flat third row in the tahoe it would mess up the center of gravity and on an S surve it would roll, the fords had recalls on that, becuse the put the seat behind the rear axle, gm would have to do that to and then the tahoes would roll over faster than your dog does when he wants his belly scratched.

dmargaros

Reaction score
Right at the driver side at ear level (left side)...sounds like it may be rubber on metal, so I siliconed all the rubber trim around the door..no help..sounds like it might be the seat belt adjuster when I hit bumps..anyone else have a very slight rattle/creaking near the seat belt adjuster on the driver side?!!? I hate creaks/rattles...:mad:

I have (had) the same issue. At first I thought it was possible the rubber seal rubbing was making contact with the door's painted surface. So I tried putting some silicone lubricant for rubber on every piece of rubber in that door area in the hope that it would slightly change the friction between the two enough to stop the annoying squeak/rattle sound....but it didn't fix the problem.

The problem appeared to go away with warmer temperatures (I am sure due to expansion of the various surfaces and change in friction)...if it was cooler outside the rattle/creak/crackling sound would appear...if it was warm and the car had been sitting in the sun...the noise would vanish...so I knew that it was a very minor adjustment that was necessary to stop the noise.

What I did was release the 3 (10mm) screws that hold the door panel on...one behind the door latch cover plate..the other 2 are behind the door handle cover plate. After removing them...I pulled back on the door panel itself on various locations and put in some rubber self adhesive circles as a buffer between the door panel and the panted surface....about 6 of them spread out around the door. This will do 2 things...it will stop some of the rubbing..and it will also allow you to get just a hair better snugness on the panel itself...act a bit like a washer for the door panel against the metal. After those self adhesive circle dots were placed...I torqued down the 10mm bolts...quite snugly...but not overdoing it as I didn't want to break the bolts.

Tested it out and no more squeaks/rattles at this point....knock on wood and keeping fingers crossed.

I do and can understand people's issue with a very slight rattle or noise coming from the seatbelt tensioner...but that is very insignificant to the crackle/squeaking that was described above. The seatbelt tensioner, at least in my vehicles isn't really an issue...though I can hear a very slight noise coming from it on occasion.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cargo net in 07 Denali?

Where the freak am I supposed to mount an envelope-style cargo net, like the one that came with my '04? I really used that a LOT. There are no upper mounting hooks/pegs. WTF?!?!? :cuss:

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better seating flexibility next re-design.

Hey GM, you almost got it right this time, and the interior is quite nice. BUT how 'bout making the rear seats fold DOWN INTO THE FLOOR, and the same with the second row bench / buckets. This is a frickin' huge truck, and if I can have that on a mini-van, why can I have that here? I don't wanna hafta have my wife try and remove the rear seats if she's got some large shopping / whatever to do. The second row power fold-and-tumble is great, but let's get this totally right NEXT TIME, okay?!? :cuss: :mad2: :cuss:

dmargaros

Reaction score
1--The inability to disarm the automatic door locking system - this is at the top of the list

2--The Nav system starting up the disc spinning when a door is opened - stupid

3--Ruining the flat cargo area floor beneath the middle seats and the plastic rails in the rear area (makes stuff sit real level - not)

4--Placement of the battery next to the firewall - will take forever to change

#3....I agree...I HATE those rails...I can't understand their purpose other than screwing up a perfectly level floor..makes no sense...though I am sure there must be an engineering reason for them.

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a FYI there is now a software "fix" that will allow you to choose the door locking method and one of those options is to disable it completely. I just had it done at my dealer and no more automatic door locking!!! Thanks to ZX on the other Tahoe forum for alerting me to this. Was just released to the dealers at the end of Sept. and was done at no charge under warranty.

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
My one dis-appointment with the new design is the front end look. I wish they would have given it a 'silverado' look, like the trucks. Hard to explain but 'slimmer' looking. As it stands now , it looks too much like an expedition. I HATE FORDS!! BUT, what a sweet ride huh fellas?

HUH? if anything the front looks like the other truck by ford... the range rover..! the expedition? looks NOTHING like it.. at least IMO...

i think the front end of the hoe is sweeeeeeet

Rumplemenz

Reaction score
whats so difficult about having 1 touch power windows when putting them up? they have it down but up if anything is just as convenient if not more...

thats one... ummmm.... guess thats about it... only had her for 10 days so far..!! loving every second

KU Tahoe

Reaction score
This is my first Tahoe and I love it. But I have a short list of things I would like to see diff.

1. that little ass flip down screen in the rear. for a truck this size why such a small screen.

2. no express up and down all windows

3. fit and finish is a bit on the cheap side for a truck that stickers for over 53k.

4. cheesey roof rack why cant we have the rack like the denali or escalade at least on my LTZ

5. no AWD only 2wd or 4wd

6. lack of hitch cover hated that I had to buy one.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5. if you got a denali you could have gotton awd. also i keep mine in auto 4wd works just as good as soon as the rear start slipping i get traction.