Problems with 60/40 second row bench?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my '08 for a little over 4 weeks. In those 4-5weeks I've had the following happen at least 7 times...

While driving the "60" section of my 60/40 second row, "magically" folds down on it own (just the seatback). Not sure how/why but it keeps happening. I'm going to mention it during the first service visit but wondering if anyone else has this happen??

Yes, the bench is definitely fully and securely latched to the floor.
Yes, the seat back is definitely fully and securely latched in upright position.

Not sure how it happens. I lift the seatback into the upright position and then pull on it extremely hard to make sure its latched. It doesnt budge at all but sure enough, a few days later, while I'm driving it magically folds down.

No one else is in the truck and no, I dont have power folding second row (just the manual levers).

bad63lac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah and it always happens while driving. I never get to the truck and find it like that. I'll be driving and then all of a sudden I hear it fold down!

I was just checking it out before and cant make heads or tails of it...