Projector Headlights/Angel Eyes/HID

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What have people found to be the best projectors/angel eyes for the tahoe?
Any brand recommendations for the best/clearest set to get?

Also, any recommended HID kits or brands of HID? I dont want to get some cheap set... But im not too informed on HIDs...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know if it is just my set, but the hids wash out the halos. i guess their too bright and the blue matched perfectly. fyi \

i highly recommend MIKEMJOHNSON, who IS a member on here. nice kit, and awsome customer service.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you was wash out... you mean you cant see the "rings"?... what HID watt did you use? 1000k?

Ive seen his name around in here alot.... does he have a site or something?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you was wash out... you mean you cant see the "rings"?... what HID watt did you use? 1000k?

Ive seen his name around in here alot.... does he have a site or something?

i got 6000k

4300k-5000k are not really blue but put out the most usuable light.

most hids are 35 watts.

higherlevelauto.com is his site.

RT

Last edited:

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... im confused... You said that your hids washed out your projectors... but u used 6000k....

so does that mean if i used 10000k i wouldnt be able to see the rings in the halos?

Sorry if this is a dumb question... im just trying to understand

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... im confused... You said that your hids washed out your projectors... but u used 6000k....

so does that mean if i used 10000k i wouldnt be able to see the rings in the halos?

Sorry if this is a dumb question... im just trying to understand

I think he just means that his HIDs are so dang bright that you cant see where they end and the halo's begin, so long as the HIDs are on. That right, RT?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he just means that his HIDs are so dang bright that you cant see where they end and the halo's begin, so long as the HIDs are on. That right, RT?

yes that is right, now you see them but not as well as you might see them with halagons.

also i have the kit in the low beams, you still see the high beam ring ok but the low is really washed out.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... so is there a way to have HID and have my halos visible? Cause i want to be able to see that i have halos in... and not just look like a bright light... and you cant see the circles....

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is a pic of what mine look like

HIDS.jpg

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
and thats with HIDs on... not your DRL? not too bad... so is that beause of the pair of lenses you have or because you have 6000k HID?

Does anyone else have pictures with their halos and have obtained a more clear separation?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those are my low beam, my drls are on in my avitar, the drl bulb is speperate from the low beam on the 2000-2006 yukon/tahoe.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o ok... so the drls will be rings... and the hids will just be a wide beam.. but the rings will be there also.... Got it..... would like to be able to see both... but i guess it cant happen that way always...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
o ok... so the drls will be rings... and the hids will just be a wide beam.. but the rings will be there also.... Got it..... would like to be able to see both... but i guess it cant happen that way always...

no the rings are hooked up to the parking lights, there like the parking lights now.

drls are not on at night when the hids are on.

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW... i had those things totally confused... I thought the " rings" were like your regular night lights..... just bright...... and the HID'z are your high beams....
Cause I thought it would be cool to ride around with circle style headlights...
Sorry for all the questions... I'm lost with this Tahoe business... I used to be into civics and stuff... some of this is new grounds for me...

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW... i had those things totally confused... I thought the " rings" were like your regular night lights..... just bright...... and the HID'z are your high beams....
Cause I thought it would be cool to ride around with circle style headlights...
Sorry for all the questions... I'm lost with this Tahoe business... I used to be into civics and stuff... some of this is new grounds for me...

thats alright, why you came to the forum, to get all your questions answered. ;) :thumbsup:

the halos ovesly are aftermarket, but the hids are my LOW beams, my high beams are twice as bright ( i have HID highs too). the halos IMO have no light output, but LOOK AWSOME. :cool2:

JPerkMr954

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... so the HALOS only will show... when then the car is basically unlocked via the key fob... any other time?

And the hids will show thru the halos as high beams and low beams... if i have them set to do so... the Halos are never primary sources of light for true driving pruposes correct.