Question - Locking Gas Caps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AAHTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With gas prices continuing to rise, anyone using a locking gas cap on their 07 or higher Tahoe? If so which one are you using?

08 Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't bought one for my Yukon, but I have bought them for previous vehicles. The most popular brand is "Stant". I know they make Gas and Radiator caps. They are usually available at most auto parts stores, for around $20. I'm sure it is a wise investment, these days.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Also handy for the frickin' thieves when they go to re-fill the tank on your baby after they steal it!

I'm a pessimist only out of necessity these days...

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
Also handy for the frickin' thieves when they go to re-fill the tank on your baby after they steal it!

I'm a pessimist only out of necessity these days...

I'm somewhat of a pessimist when it comes to the human race in general. I bough a locking gas cap from Auto sport, hope it seal good enough so it doesnt trigger the check engine light. I will find out when it gets here. I try to park where I can watch the vehicle. I stopped going to the mall as that is one place where gas thefts are happening. I hear in some cases that they will just drill a hole in the gas tank or cut a fuel line so if they are that determined they will do what it takes to steal you're gas, as gas goes up almost daily thefts will get worse.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope they steal my fuel only to find that it is E-85 and screw up their cars....I guess I am less worried about ppl putting stuff into the gas tank than stealing my gas so this might not be a bad investment, but I still want someone to steal my gas and blow up their engine.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I hope they steal my fuel only to find that it is E-85 and screw up their cars....I guess I am less worried about ppl putting stuff into the gas tank than stealing my gas so this might not be a bad investment, but I still want someone to steal my gas and blow up their engine.

Yeah but you don't want some Moron drilling a hole in you're gas tank or cutting a fuel line in the process.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but you don't want some Moron drilling a hole in you're gas tank or cutting a fuel line in the process.

Very very true....that would put me in a rage. But getting the locking gas cap will not help me in that case.....only catching the perp in the act and pulling out my gun will offset my rage by a little bit....I would peacefully hold him until law enforcement arrives, of course ;)

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Nah, go ahead and shoot. Deal with it later. They have no respect for anyone.

Both Smith and Wesson are on my side. :shhh: