Questions about some minor mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRC&Sons

Reaction score
I want to install splashguards on my Summit White LTZ. Just looking around the web, the best I have seen so far are from the dealer. Looking for members that have installed at the dealer price and experience.

I am also interested in the second row center console. Is this a bolt down product or can it be removed as needed? I see a cost of about $350! Ouch! Any better deals out there?

Thanks for the help!

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if you mean you want to know the dealer price or the dealer price w/installation. They are pretty easy to put on (I just slapped them on this morning), and I paid $40 at the dealer for them. The worst part about it is in order to do it right you really need to take the rear wheels off as you have to drill 1 hole in each fender well. If you had a really long drill bit you could probably drill the hole at a slight angle, but I wouldn't recommend that. I think the husky liners are the same way. I just liked the look of the gm guards better.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine from the dealer, $78 front and rear. I installed them myself, very easy. I would follow Gambler's recommendation on taking the wheels off. I also like gm's better than any I have seen. Check ebay, I bet you will find a better deal on that console.

Getwired

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhm...

You don't HAVE to take off the rear wheels.

http://www.tahoeforum.com/showpost.php?p=10065&postcount=9

Yep - had all four on in about 45 minutes by myself. No wheel removal required. Get a philips tip (like from a power driver), and set it in a pair of vice grips, and use it as a right-angle driver with your palm applying the pressure required to drive the screws into the plastic. Worked just fine for me -- I was a little freaked out about the back at first too, until I noodled it through a bit!

Fun? Nah. Impossible? Nah.

You can do it.

johnebgoode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/4 " ratchet with a short phillips tip will solve problem and make for an easier install.