QUICK HELP NEEDED - Battery, I Think...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EchoBravo

Reaction score
This morning, my Tahoe was as dead as .. well, dead. I turned the key and got not even a click. That was at 0530 today.

At 1800 yesterday, I backed her into the garage with no signs of a weak battery.

There is a chance I left my little Sirius satellite radio unit plugged in overnight. It's just a cigarette lighter model, not an "installed" model.

1.) Would that draw enough juice to drain a new vehicle's battery dead?
2.) If so, is it normal that the vehicle would be unable to be jumped?
3.) Have I permanently damaged my battery?
4.) Would a charger I could buy AutoZone/Checker Auto snap it back?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure about the charger, but i have left my cb radio on over night and been able to crank the next morning, also with a battry that dead where you dont even get a click, i wouldn't trust it, i would just have a new battery installed.

zipperman19

Reaction score
Yeah unfortunatly batteries randomly go dead. On my old truck, the battery went dead the day before the lease was up. But I've seen a few new cars come with a bad battery that died quickly. Are they under warranty for the first few hundred miles?

dgreer

Reaction score
7th time dead in a year

I have the same problem, mine has been in the dealer 6 times in the past 8 months, twice in the last three weeks. Over night the battery goes completely dead, will not even boost off. Dealer has no idea what is the problem, they have now unplugged my aftermarket DVD player and ask me to drive it to see what happens.:confused2: