Quick question about diesels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that would be pretty sweet.. but idk, ill see if we would want to do that, but i also found a 65 chevy fleetside for 500 bucks locally. it looks pretty sweet, needs primer and paint. brake lines and exhaust work. but if i think i get that and sell it i could make a couple.. but well see

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hellyeah. with your paint skillz, $500, and some brake lines, youll be lookin like this in no time.:cool:

Attachments

• 0302_2shows_07zoom+1965_chevrolet_fleetside+open_hood_engine_view.jpg
    0302_2shows_07zoom+1965_chevrolet_fleetside+open_hood_engine_view.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 4

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha, i wanna know if its stick or not. ive seen alot of 2doors stick, but that would be titties if it was.. it would make me hop on it much more faster then auto..

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pfft. sounds like that dude doesnt want to sell it too badly then. leave him a message like, "duder. Ill buy that guzzler for $1500, sight unseen. Unless you want more cash for it, CALL ME BACK, @SS!"

or something.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
should get the same or better mileage than the gas 350's from what i have been told, though i haven't looked up any real numbers on them.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i cant find any info on these things, but when you order parts at a parts store first thing they ask is it diesel.. hmm..

Black96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
willamsport PA (college) souderton Pa ( home)
wow i would buy that in a heart beat, to build power you just inject more fuel into it, get a bigger turbo to put air into it to burn the more fuel and keep your EGT temps down, ( exuaste gas temp) so u dont burn the turbo, put a pressure gauge on it and pyro gauge and go have fun :) cause if its manual bog her out with the fuel up and ride the brake just a little and u can smoke out that pesty tailgater :)

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a hold of him just now, he now said it has 180,000 mileson it, he said he would also do in a trade with my truck if i wanted it. I gotta check it out this week. Im sorry guys, im not buying it if it has rust on the undercarriage. Thats the reason i hate mine, looking at that for a couple months drives me nuts, thats why i covered with POR15, looks a lot better, but i cant deal with rust anymore. And since i replaced ALLL my damn lines under there, im not doing it again.. but ill check it out this week hopefully. maybe hell gimme the truck and like 4 grand or something crazy, bcuz it sounds like a kid..

Also found out it gets 13 city and 16 highway mpgs for the diesel, and gas engine should be getting 11city 14HW... so its a gain.. and with mods itll deff. get better.

Last edited:

General Stalin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds like crappy numbers. Diesels usually get way more mileage than gas, that is one of the reasons why they are so great. That guy I told you about with the 1996 deisel was getting like 17-20 mpg.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i found it out on some epa mpg website or something, imean sh*t they could be wrong.. it doesnt seem right since yes it is a diesel and its not even a 4 door?? mh.. im leaving out of town tomorrow morning and wont be back until sunday to even look at his truck. i just detailed it today since i wont even be driving it around this weekend, so maybe sunday if i go, he likes it alot and gives me a good price : ) the only thing idont like about this trade, is i HAVE NOT A DAMN CLUE TO LOOK FOR OR TO WORK ON DIESELS>> im clueless pretty much, glow plugs- wtf.. lol.. i have a glowplug in my rc car.. lol.. beats me.. if you guys reallly think its worth it, let me know.. bucz i dont wanan get this thing and be like wtf this sucks.. lol..

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RT, pick me up on the way over. lol

ok I see what your sayin about the rust. and 180 is a lot of miles.. but not super-a-lot for a deisel. hmmmmm.

The enigma that has you befuddled has entangled me as well. :cool: