rattle noise when i accelerate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mallozj

Reaction score
New to the forum and was hoping someone could help. I hear this sort of rattling noise coming from under the truck only when i acclerate from a complete stop. Anyone experience this, its a 03 Tahoe with about 88K miles on it.

SBCT

Reaction score
I have an '07 with 46k that has a rattle under the hood whenever you give it 50% or more throttle or when there is a load on the engine such as accelerating up a hill. I know we have different years but maybe they are related? When cruising around town and light on the gas, I cant hear the metal rattle but whenever you get on it or there is a decent load on the engine the rattling noise is pretty loud. Mine sounds like it is coming from the passenger side of the engine. Hopefully someone will have had a problem similar to ours and have found out how to fix it?? I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Jimmie48

Reaction score
You just described exactly what is going on in my Tahoe 07 with 40k on it. I have not had it checked. It doesnt seem to happen all the time almost usually when the engine has first been stepped on but the few times after it doesnt seem to happen.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got the same noise. '09 Tahoe here. Went for a ride with a confrontational tech who said he couldn't hear anything. So, that was a complete waste of time. But, obviously there's an issue, as you all have corroborated.

grandsport

Reaction score
Wheezing noise

Early this year, I purchased a 2011 Tahoe Z71 LT, it is close to 5,000 miles but I started to hear a wheezing noise when I accelerate.
The next time I take to the service dept, I'll have them check it. Hopefully, they can figure it out.