rear ac blower goes on and off when hit a bump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonyd11

Reaction score
problem with rear ac blower on and off when go over a bump or slam door any help

clkelley

Reaction score
Welcome to the neighborhood!

We are going to need more information about your vehicle up to an including the year, etc. The different year models work differently.

tonyd11

Reaction score
2002 chevy tahoe rear air blower problem

my rear ac blower comes on and off if i slam a door or go over a bump my tahoe has a 5.3 engine 2 wheel drive the front air works fine

guppy

Reaction score
my lil bro took his to the shop and they determined that the connector had been loose and arced and burned up the connector on the wiring harness that plugs into his rear blower motor.

dirty

Reaction score
My rear A/C went out a couple of seasons ago. The blower was making noise for a while, then it just quit one day. Finally got around to looking at it recently, and this is what I found:
First of all, it was relativly easy to get at by first removing a couple panels. I found that the 'Squirl Cage' plastic fan had been rubbing on its spindle mount plate quite a bit, and caused the fuse to blow. I removed it and trimmed the edge that was a little melted and burnt, cleaned the plate off, replaced fuse, put back, runs fine now.
For how long?.....don't use it much anymore. Kids all gone.

"Drive it till it breaks."

Last edited:

angelsfann02

Reaction score
My 2002 Denali did the same thing. I thought the blower was bad. The harness connector was loose and would not stay on. I zip-tied it in place, and no more blower issues.

dirty

Reaction score
2 yrs old and I just got the notice. I thought I'd reply for the benifit of anyone solving mystries w/out any clues.
I replaced both front and back blower motor resistors and they both work properly now......however.....for the rear no one had an aftermarket replacement that fit. so I pluged it in and it worked, so I made it fit.