Rear Air Conditioning Not Working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shreksbrother

Reaction score
The compressor clutch on my wife's '01 Yukon 5.3L froze up, so I replaced the compressor/clutch. I serviced the A/C properly with a set of gauges and now something odd is going on. The front A/C blows nice and cold, but the rear blows warm. It worked fine before the clutch froze up. Any ideas?
Thanks!

Holikz

Reaction score
The compressor clutch on my wife's '01 Yukon 5.3L froze up, so I replaced the compressor/clutch. I serviced the A/C properly with a set of gauges and now something odd is going on. The front A/C blows nice and cold, but the rear blows warm. It worked fine before the clutch froze up. Any ideas?
Thanks!

I'm kinda on the same boat but on mine the rear a/c doesn't work at all. I think there's a thread here related to your problem, maybe a resistor blower not working properly or the vents getting stuck?

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the dealer diagnose mine when I was getting something else fixed. They told me the computer needed to be replace. I'm thinking the rear A/C system. It was gonna be like $100, so I still have to get mine fixed. But for mine the heat wasn't working. Might be a similar issue.