Rear Storage in Side Plastic areas (2012 LTZ)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

[email protected]

Reaction score
I just bought my Wife a 2012 LTZ. Love the truck!

Now the bummer...Her 2003 had a removeable plastic 'door' in the rear cargo area that you could utilize to store small items like jumper cables and such. The 2012 has no such compartment that I can find. I haven't torn into removing the panels to examine how I might accomplish something similar in the 2012 yet and would prefer not to just to see what is there. It sounds fairly 'cavernous' under the plastic sidewalls.

I've attached an image of the 2003 version of what I was hoping to get/find in the 2012.

Anyone opened this up or have any knowledge about options for out of sight storage similar to this? An aftermarket solution would work if one exists.

Attachments

• TahoeStorage.jpg
    TahoeStorage.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 9

aranderson

Reaction score
Rear storage

Yeah, I'm of the same mind. I have a stripped down, ex-police Tahoe and I know there is all sorts of storage behind these panels. One looks like it is made for a sub-woofer, but there isn't one. Anyone know how to remove these panels? Then looking into cutouts or wheel-well boxes for trucks could be possible.

tozan

Reaction score
I have a 2011 on the left side there is a drink holder that pulls up and you can put stuff in there on top of the jack and spare tire tools. I haven't tried to remove anything on the right side yet...