Cargo Area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RCJG228

Reaction score
Are you kidding me, what kind of an engineer designs a cargo area that slants toward the tailgate? I bought a 2018 Tahoe about 2 months ago, and when the 3rd row is folded down, the cargo area pitches to the tailgate. So when we go to the grocery store, the bags slide toward the back and spill out when I open the tailgate. I should mention, this doesn't only happen with groceries, everything that is put back there slides toward the rear. I suppose I could buy a WeatherTech cargo liner that would probably help, but there are times I need to use the 3rd row, and I really don't feel like taking the liner in and out all the time. Plus, I am not always at home where I could put the liner in the garage when I need to use the third row, so now I would have the problem of what do I do with the liner now that I raised the seats. When I pointed the slant out to the dealer, I was told that it is normal. Is the dealer correct, is this normal, or has anyone had their dealer resolve this problem?

Guardsix

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it's normal or terrible, which ever you prefer.

I have strung the cargo net over the back which helps keep grocery bags from sliding out into the driveway. Stuff still slides under that net because there's no way to secure it closed at the bottom.

Some say the third row seats lower over time with use. Mine hardly ever get used!

I was initially excited with the GMC/CHEVY announcement of a flat folding third row, but it didn't happen. I found out the hard way; Chevy owes me a broken jar of mayo, grape jelly, and a jug of distilled water!

Good luck. Hope you find a better solution. Oh, I own a 2017 Premier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RCJG228

Reaction score
Yeah, I was exited too about the folding seats, because in my 2013, I had to take them out and store them. I just can't get over the fact that it was designed this way, and then it got approved for production. I haven't measured, but conservatively, there has to be a 3" height difference from the 2nd row to the tailgate. If the bottom of the cargo net would secure at the bottom some how, it would definitely help to keep things from sliding under it. To date, Chevy owes me 2 gallons of water, and a jar of pickles.