Rear Window Chattering

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DownTownDru

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just started to notice a sound like the rear window chattering even over normal pavement conditions. Anyone else have a problem with the rear doors / windows? I need to troubleshoot a bit further before taking back to the stealership. Maybe I'll have to let the GF drive while I sit in the back seat :lol:

A J

GH96Z

Reaction score
I have a similar noise coming from the rear of my '08. If you find the source, please post what you did to fix it.

Thanks,
GJ

jtatum

Reaction score
Anyone find a resolution to this?

I'm having the same problem after 1300 miles. I drove it up to Mammoth over the 4th and when I got back I noticed a rattle in the rear driver side door. Its silent when the road is smooth but if there is any vibration, it goes nuts. not a big deal but I'm the kinda guy that can hear a baby crying on the plane 30 rows away. It's making me batty.

I had my gal drive around the block a few times while I was in the back trying to zero in on the location. It sounds like its inside the door. From the driver's seat it sounds like the door is a bit loose and rubbing on the weather stripping. I was considering rubbing the stripping with some silicone lubricant to solve before I took it to the dealer. Good/bad idea?

Most of the folks on this board seem far more mechanically inclined than me and was hoping for a quick solve before I got the runaround at the dealer.

Other than that I love this thing. I had an Exploder and a Tundra before my loaded 4x2 LT2. Compared to my last rigs, this thing seems solid and more comfortable on road trips and fishing missions.

cooltwin

Reaction score
I had the same problem and the silicone lubricant fixes it. I wipe it on about once a month. Just spray it on a rag and wipe it down, if you get it on the paint, it is a pain to get off so be careful. The dirt on the rubber is what makes it rattle and squeak. They really should have made the weather stripping thicker so it wouldnt do that.

jtatum

Reaction score
That worked. There was dust and dirt under the weather stripping around the top of the door (between the stripping and the roof). I cleaned that out with a wet rag and then hit the stripping with silicon lubricant I sprayed on a rag. No more chattering. So stoked.