Rear windows questions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vinmhslax15

Reaction score
So ive noticed that the back seat windows in my hoe only roll down about 1/4-1/3 of the way down. But i have seen other tahoes and suburbans with the back windows completely rolled down. Does anyone know why the windows do not completely roll down? and is there a way to change this so that they can roll completely down? TX!

John Redcorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read it on the here that the tahoes can't do it because the back doors are notched for the wheel wells.

Somebody in that thread also said suburbans can do it since they have straight no-notch back doors. I've always since I was a kid thought back windows on all kinds of cars didn't open all the way for some kind of kid safety thing but maybe all those cars had notched rear doors like the tahoe.

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man, maybe a custom shop could set you up with some beveled window, but still, I think GM gave you the best lowering they probably could.. or with a best/safest-for-kids opening they could.

vinmhslax15

Reaction score
Haha thanx

I never really thought about that aspect of it. Yeah thats what i say when my buddies bitch about the back window, not my problem. only thing that bugs me is the opening when rolled down is just the right size and place that it makes that annoying whipping sound of the wind when you are driving about 40 or faster.

NYrr496

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Park a Tahoe next to a Suburban and compare the doors. Then you'll see why the windows only open as much as they do. I had to do exactly that to make my wife understand there was nothing wrong with my rear windows.