Remote start Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SAUDILTZTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is there a way to remote start the car without the A/C or the heater coming on? I am asking because the weather gets cool in the morning but not enough to use a heater and not warm enough to use A/C. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sarahw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, I guess I don't see the point? I thought the main reason for remote start is to get the car either cooled off or warmed up before you get in.

Oh, and I don't know if it's possible or not. Sorry.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the manual says the climate control system comes on where it was when last shut down. You might try turning the system off before you shut 'er down and then do a remote start and see if it stays off.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the manual says the climate control system comes on where it was when last shut down. You might try turning the system off before you shut 'er down and then do a remote start and see if it stays off.

That's what I would think too. Shut the HVAC down before you turn it off...

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Um, I guess I don't see the point? I thought the main reason for remote start is to get the car either cooled off or warmed up before you get in.

Oh, and I don't know if it's possible or not. Sorry.

Well yeah, but it doesn't hurt to warm up the motor and build up some oil pressure before you go peeling out of the driveway late to work every day...;)

Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's what I would think too. Shut the HVAC down before you turn it off...

I have tried this, it still kicks on to whatever the last temperature setting was and when you turn the key, the HVAC shuts off. If it isn't warm enough to kick on the AC perhaps you oughta set the temperature on the AC to roughly the same temperature it is outside in the mornings. Then it oughta run on the lowest setting, if there is another way, I don't know it but this is what I do....

Last edited:

Ed Blown Vert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From my manual

If your vehicle has an automatic climate control system,
the climate control system will default to a heating or
cooling mode depending on the outside temperatures. If
your vehicle does not have an automatic climate control
system, the system will turn on at the setting the vehicle
was set to when the vehicle was last turned off.

Stargazer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, is there a way to remote start the car without the A/C or the heater coming on? I am asking because the weather gets cool in the morning but not enough to use a heater and not warm enough to use A/C. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do you have it set on AUTO? Because if it's not cool enough outside for the heater--the heater won't come on. If it's not hot enough outside for A/C, the A/C won't come on. That's how my remote start works. I don't have to do anything extra.

On mornings when its extra cold outside, I notice the heater blasting away as I get in. But on other days when it's not that cold, the heater doesn't come on at all.

Vrrooom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I turn it off before turning off the car, it doesnt come on when I remote start it. It follows your last known setting. Similarly, if you want it to come on effectively when you remote start, push auto before turning off the car.

SAUDILTZTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have it set on AUTO? Because if it's not cool enough outside for the heater--the heater won't come on. If it's not hot enough outside for A/C, the A/C won't come on. That's how my remote start works. I don't have to do anything extra.

On mornings when its extra cold outside, I notice the heater blasting away as I get in. But on other days when it's not that cold, the heater doesn't come on at all.

I usually turn the A/C off before i leave the car, in the morning it's still comes on when remote start.

SAUDILTZTAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what are the temps like in Saudi Arabia when you feel you don't need A/C?

In the morning it gets about 19C - 18C which's around 66F - 64F, so it's kinda cool you only need to open the windows. by noon time it warms up to about 35C which's around 95F and it cools off again in night time. Keep in mine that summer time is over now.