Remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

anglarry05

Reaction score
Was wondering how much you folks paid for adding remote start to your remote start prep packages on your 07 or 08 Tahoes/Yukons. I was quoted at $275 plus tax. Looking to add it soon.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what kind of remote start, brand, part number?

anglarry05

Reaction score
thought for sure I had it posted...but the factory remote start. I was wondering if anyone has added the factory remote start later down the road.

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my suggestion is if you do anything factory, if you can add the new ARSS fob i would go that route. i have one waiting for me at the dealership as soon as i get back into town from work to have it installed.

anglarry05

Reaction score
my suggestion is if you do anything factory, if you can add the new ARSS fob i would go that route. i have one waiting for me at the dealership as soon as i get back into town from work to have it installed.

care to enlighten me? What is that?

S.V.T.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup if you have power liftgate, remote start it's only $150 for the hardware.
mine is sitting at the stealership waiting to be installed.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup if you have power liftgate, remote start it's only $150 for the hardware.
mine is sitting at the stealership waiting to be installed.

So is the $150 unit have the same range as the fob that came with the truck?

The $250 unit says it's for extended range, so I guess that gets you the 1,000 feet range.

kgdecker

Reaction score
I paid almost 400 for a viper one installed. Its a plug and go system, i've had issues with cheap remote starts before and completely ruin electrical, theres a reason there are ones for 400 and corner stores that have them for 99 installed....

mine also has a ridiculous range, thats by far the best thing about this unit. It also has a small screen on it that tells you if your doors are unlocked/locked, and if your car has actually started. So you don't need to see your car to know if you were within range or not

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So is the $150 unit have the same range as the fob that came with the truck?

The $250 unit says it's for extended range, so I guess that gets you the 1,000 feet range.

the difference is whether you have the extended range stock remote with no remote start the 150 is if you already have remote start, their all the 1,000 ft range. i had remote start and the remote was 150 and its AWSOME range.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info.

Did you install yourself or have dealer do it?

If dealer, how much?

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for info.

Did you install yourself or have dealer do it?

If dealer, how much?

you kidding, dealer did it, way to much wireing and programming. was 300 out the door, i think it was a bit much, but i got it and its the coolest little gadget ever.