Removing minor dents with Dry Ice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djcronos

Reaction score
I have a small dent, about the size of a half dollar on the back of my Hoe. I have been looking around online for ways to fix it on my own, and came across a bunch of videos about using Dry Ice for smaller dents to get rid of them, without messing up the clearcoat.

I was wondering if any of you have done this before, and more importantly, if you have done it on a dark-colored/black vehicle.

Thanks in advance.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dry ice? Hmmm, don't know about that one. If it's true, I'd like to know how that's possible. Keep us posted...:D

combatcraig

Reaction score
I've had multiple dents removed from a couple of my past vehicles. The guy that does it works for "dent worx". He does amazing work. The most I ever paid was $80. I'm sure their is a guy in your neck of the woods that does the same thing. I asked him about the dry ice dent removal thing and he said it's a myth... Sorry.

houtex

Reaction score
I've seen it done once.***try at your own risk***
While having my car detailed once some years ago.The guy heated the dent in a fender of another car with a heat gun,then he grabbed some dry ice with a towel, pressed it on the dent and POP it mostly came out.He said it works some of the time but mostly raises the dent then he taps it back down.I didn't stick around to see the results.

Gordo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh man I never heard of that either but I got a little work car Acura that needs a lot of dry ice if thats the case

djcronos

Reaction score
This is a link that I saw:

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/494805/remove_car_dents_with_a_dry_ice_block_www_mastrik_com/

$80 isn't bad at all. I think I would much rather have someone get rid of the dent if it's not that expensive. The whole dry ice thing does sound a little scary to me. I just spent $40k on my vehicle, I'm not about to mess it up by experimenting with dry ice.

Thanks for all the comments everyone. Looks like I'll stay clear of dry ice and get a pro to fix the dent :)

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just be careful if youve never done this before....definitely takes practice to perfect it...but it does work really well depending on the type of dent