removing roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSX-WE4

Reaction score
Has anyone removed those clunky roof rack rails on the 07 Tahoe? I wonder if there are any shorter bolts or plugs you could use to fill the holes? Any other options or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

GSX-WE4

Reaction score
Over the past 20 years we've owned a Blazer, 2 Jimmy's, a Yukon, Trailblazer and now a new LTZ Tahoe. We've never used the roof rack on any of them and I think it just gets in the way while washing and drying the Tahoe. In my own opinion, it adds nothing to the looks of the vehicle.

I removed the cross bars and that helps with the washing/drying issue but it sure would look better without the side bars also.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone removed those clunky roof rack rails on the 07 Tahoe? I wonder if there are any shorter bolts or plugs you could use to fill the holes? Any other options or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

On another Tahoe forum, someone welded them in and repainted. Probably not where you wanted to go. Might look in to chrome push-in plugs.