Roof rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay...i have an '06 Z71 Tahoe and I want to take off the HUGE roof rack, and put the LT/LS Roof rack on it, but I'm not sure if the bolt pattern is the same...anyone that knows the answer to this would be very helpful thanks!

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, it will fit. many people did that b/c they wanted the factory fender flares and they were not offered on the lt. you can use any roof rack from a tahoe, denali or caddi. same roof line and mounting holes

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Her's weren't installed at the dealer. They were an option and were listed on the option list.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about side steps from a LT will those fit on a Z71 as well? I also posted this in the wrong area...apologize for posting this in 07+ area...but atleast I'm getting some answers

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything will mount just as long as you get all the original brackets. hell you can take the front end off an escalade or avy and it will bolt right up to your tahoe.

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
everything will mount just as long as you get all the original brackets. hell you can take the front end off an escalade or avy and it will bolt right up to your tahoe.

I love it when people give me direct answers and people on here actually know what they're talking about...this is better than talking to the dealership thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

jameym00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well all the suvs are made in texas at the same plant. all that they did different was install a different front fender and grill and door trim. if you strip the door trim off a escalade is a tahoe door. they just make plastic and put 3m tape on it and throw it on the side of the body to make it look different. the only different thing is the 5.3v8 to 6.0.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the 2006 Z71 roof rack fit on a 2007? I like the beefier roof rack that came with the 2006 model.