RPM Surge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedoutLTZ

Reaction score
I did a search on this but didn't really see anything about it. But has anyone had this problem when coming to a stop the RPM's will drop down to around 500 then surge up to 1000.. I wasn't sure if I would need to do a software update or not.

Mad Dawg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have not experienced this problem with my Tahoe, but my long gone '02 Expedition had the same problem as you have described. In the Expedition, the problem was a result of the "air idle control valve" going bad. Not sure if our vehicles have a similar type of device or not, but it's something to think about or look in to.

ventu71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may have a spark plug cable a bit loose, if so, sometimes the spark plug wont fire properly, therefore your rpm´s wont be stable. This happened to me, hope it helps.

Ickulus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I have an 08' Tahoe with 1300 miles, and I am experiencing a similar problem when idling. It sits at 500 RPM and will 'hitch' a little. The RPM doesn't move significantly, but I can definitely feel the engine/truck shake/move. No problem lights or other signs of trouble. What the heck?:umn: