RPM's slow to rev between 2nd to 3rd?? any thoughts???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeyAces

Reaction score
Well I posted this problem before thinking it was my cai (to much air)... since replaced plugs and wires, checked everything like you guys said, tried resetting computer and still no difference.

Don't know if its common but say when I take off from a light reves up well through 1st around 3000 then between the 2nd and 3rd shift the R's drop to around 2100 and are very slow to rev!! if I give it heavy pedal do not want to rev up very well till it gets to around 3000!:confused2: Very doggy. I have tried fuel injector cleaners, different gas stations, and even tried premium.

I am in Michigan and its cold but i think it should run better.Any thoughts?????

Thanks guys, this site is very helpful

oomindwarpoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just the way the truck is set up.. someone told me it was "torque management."

MikeyAces

Reaction score

Polecat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes, he can take up to 100% I believe of TM away...most do 80%, and it's a whole new beast!