Satellite radio installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schilly

Reaction score
Hi,
Just got a 2003 Tahoe and was wondering what my options are in regards to installing a satellite radio. Are there units that i can put in that replace the current radio/cd? or do i have to get one that is separate and mounts to the dashboard?
Any good place i could look at on the internet?

thanks

PhiDeltaTheta_MN

Reaction score
Hi,
Just got a 2003 Tahoe and was wondering what my options are in regards to installing a satellite radio. Are there units that i can put in that replace the current radio/cd? or do i have to get one that is separate and mounts to the dashboard?
Any good place i could look at on the internet?

thanks

Hey there. I've just started to do the research as well. As far as I can tell, you have a few options. Either purchase a Satellite Radio-Ready deck + radio adapter + subscription, OR purchase a mountable external unit that connects via auxiliary or through your systems radio channels. Sound quality is going to be supreme with the first way, but it'll run you anywhere from, say, $300-$600. Some more expensive Satellite Radio-Ready decks don't need the additional adapter, but they're fairly $$$ and still require a subscription.

An example of a ready deck and the adapter. Hope it helps get you started on an idea!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...2280436&skuId=7300529&st=GEX-P920XM&cp=1&lp=1

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...Deck/4040138.p?id=1218450204021&skuId=4040138

PhiDeltaTheta_MN

Reaction score
Oh and be sure to check to see if it can fit your vehicle. I know you could just do a Google search or head into a place where they sell car electronics.