SeaFoam Long Term Updates??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beef

Reaction score
I see a bunch of threads about seafoam and it seems just by searching seafoam on youtube a whole bunch of other people are using it as well....

So to the people that have done it... any long term updates?? Problems?? still running good??

I have read on the net that when you see the smoke that is telling you that it is working but being a car nut with mechanical knowledge this is my take on the whole thing..... When I see white smoke out of a tail pipe the first thing I think of is Water... so if this is supposed to be the carbon burning off certain parts of the inside of your engine shouldn't you be seeing blue to black smoke??

bsamoul

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use it every 6 months before an oil change. The engine has never been smoother, and I think of it as a precautionary device so nothing does go wrong.

My understanding of it is that the octane in it is so high that when it blends with anything it will smoke. It's after it sits in the engine for 30 min that it will really start to smoke up.