seafoam!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleeingpepper

Reaction score
This thing works amazing!
And if you don't want to stall it turn the engine off QUICKLY after you put enough seafoam in. You want the motor to turn off and the seafoam sitting in the cylinder banks.
And hydrolocking..
I read somewhere that even a full bottle of seafoam won't hydrolock larger engines. IIRC it said some Ford V8 engine can hold 5-6 ounces of liquid per cylinder..so it'd be hard to hydrolock it even using the whole can.

One of my cars had some bad seals so it smoked out of the engine bay and the exhaust when I did it! I love the look of people's faces when you're going down the road smoking all over the place.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I poured a can of it in my tank and filled up to 3/4 of a tank (treats 8-25 gallons). Haven't drove it enough to see any results.

I used a different brand of EFI cleaner in my truck. The poor idle and throttle response has improved tremendously, and so far I've gone from 12.4 to 13.7mpg.

I will be Seafoaming it though...

Colabella7077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you did the seafoam, where did you pour it in? I hear you can use the Brake Vaccum Line, Gas, Oil, Etc. Would you need an oil change immediatley after pouring it in? I used Chevron Techtron Injector and Fuel System Cleaner and it's work very well. I use to hit the gas and it sounded like the pipes were clogged and it made a grinding sound like it was clearing it's throat. Doesn't anymore I think.

79powerwagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never EVER pour anything into your crank case that isn't oil. If your engine is that dirty and gummed up, you'll only ruin it, and quickly too!

Fleeingpepper

Reaction score
When you put it into the oil..only run it for like 10 miles or so. And no, it does no harm.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/general-maintenance-repairs/534376-how-seafoam-your-car.html

"yes, you heard me, you're pouring a foreign mixture directly into your engine oil. this can be scary for newbies. never fear, seafoam is 100% petroleum. it is as harmful to your engine as water is to your skin - not harmful at all...
...run the seafoam in your oil for NO MORE THAN 250 miles! seafoam is very agressive. your next oil change will be black as satan's heart and likely thicker than usual. i would not recommend running this oil very long in the car as your oil filter is going to have quite the time on its hands and the oil won't be in the best of shape afterwards. i'll say it again. change your oil less than 250 miles after you put seafoam in your crankcase! i personally recommend running it 100 miles, then changing your oil. that should be plenty for the seafoam to get most of the gunk out."

It also has a nice pic of the brake booster. But it's in the same spot on all cars. It's the rubber hose coming from the black round thing in the back of the engine bay, driver side.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
brake booster vac. hose is connected into your booster. right behind the master cylinder. it simply pulls out.

blkonblk99yukon

Reaction score
A friend of mine hydro-locked his motor with seafoam on his 96 Tahoe 5.7 vortec. Poured the whole can or at least most of it down the throttle body and let it sit for 20 minutes. Tried to start it and the starter would just go CLUNK, engine wouldnt tuen, tried to turn by hand and it wouldn't move. Took the plugs out and one actually shot out of the hole once it was loose enough. All plugs were soaked with it, he dried them off put them back in and it fired right up! HUGE smoke cloud! It was puffing for a good 10 minutes. I also hydrolocked my Volvo by putting too much in at one time same story as the Tahoe. So I would say if your pouring it in the throttle body and waiting 20 min to strt don;t use more than half to 2/3 of the can. If your letting it suck through vacuum line while it runs you could use the whole can.