Service 4WD light on 99 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbloomfi

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to determine the problem when the service 4WD light comes on? I have the transfercase with auto 4WD. I have recently replaced the front axle actuator and all the lights are off on the switches. Also, when I start the truck all 4 lights do come on for a second or 2. The other question I have is that the truck seems to be in a limp mode, are these 2 issues related?

Thanks for any help!!!

Jon

jbloomfi

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointer, I tried that but it does not work for auto 4WD option. :confused2:

gilgesan

Reaction score
99 tahoe service 4wd light

did some reading and found out how to get flash codes for 4wd. my problem is there is no pin 13. it is empty. the troubleshooting guide said to ground pin 13 in the data link connector but it is empty?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably depends upon your year of rig and model of transfer case...... Plus this thread is 5 years old....

Jeff B

Reaction score
did some reading and found out how to get flash codes for 4wd. my problem is there is no pin 13. it is empty. the troubleshooting guide said to ground pin 13 in the data link connector but it is empty?

sorry to pull up an old thread like this.

I am having this same issue and no connector in the #13 of the data link to read the TCCM code.