"Service Tire Monitor"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to fix this? it comes on everytime I start the car, and I have to get rid of it off the instrument display by pushing the odometer button

anyone know how to really fix it?

lskipper

Reaction score
I was told by a dealer that one (or more) of the tire sensors needed to be replaced at $75.00 plus dollars each (plus other charges). BUT (there always is one) the service manager did not seem convinced that would cure the problem. I just decided to press the button each time I got in, annoying , but cheap. From what I have readthe issue could be in the BCM or the sensors.

BigE

Reaction score
i had mine come on about a month ago. i went to my dealer and asked them about it, they told me they would clear it first to see if it came back. it has not come back since then.
i would check the air in all your tires to make sure they are at the pressure they need to be, then go to your dealer and have them clear it, and see if it comes back.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know how to reset it, I have done this and it still comes on, I did not know about letting air out of the tires once I reset it, I will do this tomorrow when I go to a gas station to get air.

Mark

Reaction score
Ughhh, I have a similar problem to this, except mine says ''CHECK TIRE PRESSURE''

I've had this since I got my 22s put on back in October of 2004. I've just dealt with it the whole time. I've tried numerous times to get this fixed, but nothing seems to work. I tried resetting the sensors, and it went away then came back :cuss:

I have just come to believe that one of the sensors either went bad, or was broken when they switched them on the tires. I hate seeing the logo on the dash and the DIC, but I've come to accept it.

Pretty much given up on getting this fixed. The dealer looked at it one time and wanted to charge like $150 to diagnose it on some machine, yeah right!

BigE

Reaction score
Ughhh, I have a similar problem to this, except mine says ''CHECK TIRE PRESSURE''

I've had this since I got my 22s put on back in October of 2004. I've just dealt with it the whole time. I've tried numerous times to get this fixed, but nothing seems to work. I tried resetting the sensors, and it went away then came back :cuss:

I have just come to believe that one of the sensors either went bad, or was broken when they switched them on the tires. I hate seeing the logo on the dash and the DIC, but I've come to accept it.

Pretty much given up on getting this fixed. The dealer looked at it one time and wanted to charge like $150 to diagnose it on some machine, yeah right!

we need more detailed pictures of your 'Hoe. and how do you like your Gibson exhaust? thanks

Kawboy8

Reaction score
I know how to reset it, I have done this and it still comes on, I did not know about letting air out of the tires once I reset it, I will do this tomorrow when I go to a gas station to get air.

How do you reset it? Mine comes on too, and all the tire pressures are correct. It doesnt come on every time, most of the time.

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
turn the car off, put the E brake in a half position then with the key on the ACC or ON position, NOT START, turn on and off the headlights 3-4 times, you will hear a honk. then reduce the air on each tire for 10 seconds and the car should honk on each tire to recognize it, if it does not then that sensor could be bad, sucks, sensor are like 75 bucks each.

shawnallansls1

Reaction score
is there a way to disable it? i hate seeing that sign.. i know my air pressure is good.. i always check them every month...

Kawboy8

Reaction score
turn the car off, put the E brake in a half position then with the key on the ACC or ON position, NOT START, turn on and off the headlights 3-4 times, you will hear a honk. then reduce the air on each tire for 10 seconds and the car should honk on each tire to recognize it, if it does not then that sensor could be bad, sucks, sensor are like 75 bucks each.

Do I cluck like a chicken too? :yaya:

jgiguere17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no, no, no...........you do the hokie pokie and you turn yourself around and that what its all about :D

Grocery Getter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem when I swapped my sensors out to my 22's. We did the manual reset, brake-key-light-on-off-honky tonk, so many time's it is absurd. We even did that and removed the valve stems in the problem wheels and it still would not train. So, I went to discount tire and asked them to train the sensors with the handheld trainer and it worked.......right until I pulled up to my house, then it came on again. I went back to discount and had them train them again and it worked again. The guy said that sometimes chrome valve stem caps interfere with the signal to the computer and it will throw the code. So as it stands now the warning does not come on when I start the truck but about 40% of the time it will come on when I am on the highway. It will randomly come on sometimes but it seems to correct itself. It is such an insignificant thing but it is so annoying to have that come on every time you start up, I can deal with the random warnings......

Last edited: