Shipping Wheels/Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KevSmoove

Reaction score
Who has the best rates when shipping heavy wheel/tire combos. My 24's with tires are around 100lbs and I think fedex and ups are usually expensive for that much weight, I think? Should I just take them there and get a quote? Any suggestions? Thanks

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Not sure who has the best rates. But to give you an idea, when mine were shipped to me via UPS, it cost me $300 from a place in Cali to central Tx. Each wheel/tire weighed in at 90 lbs. You can try DHL also and see what kind of quotes they give you.

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would suggest listing them locally on something like Craigslist, that way you don't have to ship them.

Black Mamba

Reaction score
Shipped a full set with tires across the country using Fedex a few yrs ago. Used foam insulation circles with cardboard to protect the rims and then simply shrinkwrapped the heck out of them around the tires and all. They all made it in perfect condition. Fedex had the lowest rate on bulky items at the time. I packaged and dropped them off near an airport. Believe they weighed in at 75 lbs/each, and cost was around $15 per package. Might try their website, just enter weight and zip and see what it comes up with.

solidgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time I shipped wheels, FedEx had the lowest rate for me as well.