Simple question for anyone who knows lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got my 98 Hoe and as almost all the other 1's my lights are all fogged up so at night i cant really see with the oem bulb's so i replaced them with some nice HID's 5900K 12V 100Watt 2 be exact and still at night not that big of an improvement so I've heard Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's Were pretty Bright and i was wondering if they would be an improvement from what i have now i dont want to do any conversion Hid's so this is why im asking!!!! :help::help::help:

Bigbill

Reaction score
The headlight assembly is bad you can clean them the will look better and it should last about 6months then right back to where you are now. If you sand them clear then have them cleared by a body shop it will last longer

Jounier11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The headlight assembly is bad you can clean them the will look better and it should last about 6months then right back to where you are now. If you sand them clear then have them cleared by a body shop it will last longer

Thanks but aside from that would u or Anybody else out there recommend Sylvania Silverstar Ultra's?? The 9006 & 9005 Bulb's

atxballer

Reaction score
I've used the Silver Stars and while they do provide good light compared to the other 9005 & 9006 bulbs it's not great. I'm not using a stock light housing I purchased an aftermarket clear housing kit from RDX Automotive that is similar to the Anzo model below. http://www.autoanything.com/lights/61A3982A0A0.aspx

My night lighting still isn't great with the Silver Stars so I'm going to look at upgrading my lights to HID, that should solve my night driving problems. I hear DDM tuning has some pretty good kits.

Andrew99Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After doing some researched ive found that GE Nighthawk SPORT Headlight Bulbs are better than the Sylvanias.

msteiny

Reaction score
I've used the Silver Stars and while they do provide good light compared to the other 9005 & 9006 bulbs it's not great. I'm not using a stock light housing I purchased an aftermarket clear housing kit from RDX Automotive that is similar to the Anzo model below. http://www.autoanything.com/lights/61A3982A0A0.aspx

My night lighting still isn't great with the Silver Stars so I'm going to look at upgrading my lights to HID, that should solve my night driving problems. I hear DDM tuning has some pretty good kits.

I just installed my new headlights last night and they are sweet. A total change from the mason jars with candles that I used to have. I upgraded to DEPO housings from Amazon $80.00 then I purchased the DDM Tuning HID kits for both high and low. Came to around 120.00 with shipping and the relay harnesses. Also while I had everything apart I performed the 4-high mod with a relay. Has to be the best $200.00 I have ever spent. And really easy to install, took me about 2.5 hours that included making all the wires nice and neat.

atxballer

Reaction score
Hey msteiny! Nice job on the install. I bought the DDM kits too but haven't installed them yet. How did you mount the ballasts? Did you use the mounting brackets or double sided tape? Could you please upload a couple pics of your install? I would appreciate it. Thanks bro!

msteiny

Reaction score
I'll get some up soon, I have noticed one problem with these new lights. I drive a lot faster in the dark.