Smm Performance (scott Mckkinney) Warnin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkim1120

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please be advised!
This individual has taken advantage of many.

I contacted Scott McKinney last week on purchasing K2 LED Tail lights.
Initially there was a great stream of communication between the two.
I sent the request for a USPS money order with express delivery due to the fact that I wanted to get these tail lights installed as quickly as possible.

As soon as I stated that the money was sent out the communication ceased to a response every other day versus immediate responses prior to payment.
He advised someone will be looking out for payment and product would be shipped immediately. Days passed and said he finally received payment.
Upon receiving payment and proceeding my request the item be shipped as quickly as possible, Mr McKinney began ignoring my emails and Instant Messages.
I began to call his "store phone" which in reality is his personal cell phone.
Half the time i receive his automated voice mail box and the other is met with sexual moans.
A week has passed and today he says he shipped the product and then canceled my shipment due to him not wanting to do business with people such as myself.
Mr McKinney stated that he will refund my money order and advised I take my business elsewhere.
This afternoon I googled 'smmperformance' and learned many have been burned by this individual.
Many have been promised of refunds and have yet to receive any compensation or product.
Please be advised of this internet criminal
Resepctfully
-Moon

UPDATE: JUNE 30 2008

Scott agreed to give me a full refund if i agreed to remove my comments.
I agreed and it has been two weeks and have not seen any refund or has he even attempted to return any of my emails.

Here is the email:
--- On Fri, 6/20/08, SMM Performance Parts <[email protected]> wrote:

> From: SMM Performance Parts <[email protected]>
> Subject: RE: Tail Lights
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Friday, June 20, 2008, 9:49 AM
> Hi. Please have the entire post removed permanently. Tail
> lights are in
> route to you today... I will provide tracking information
> ASAP.
>
> We appreciate your business! Please advise.
>
> Thanks
> Scott McKinney- SMM
> SMM Performance Parts
> 219-241-1099 PHONE
> 888-618-2510 FAX
> www.SMMPerformance.com

========================

Here are the photos of my payment and shipping...
DSC05626-1.jpg

DSC05624.jpg

Please beaware there are many other sites he is causing harm at:
http://www.tahoeforum.com/showthread.php?t=8953
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/319/RipOff0319987.htm
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/0/325/RipOff0325819.htm
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1146911
http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?p=7718565
http://www.montecarloss.com/community/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=447492

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I smelled foul the second I saw his webpage a few months back. I was looking for the post I made, but the thread must have been deleted.

2007TahoeLTZ4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah that kid is bad news...i always always google whatever site im doing business with before i buy from them...and even then i think about it and i try to use paypal as much as possible

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get him out of business, pronto! And have the appropriate government agencies lean on him. Get your money back.

ZX1100F1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may be able to have USPS investigate this as you used the post office to send your funds, this is called "mail fraud" when the items that you purchased are not sent.
This is a Federal crime that can land someone in prison if very many claims are filed.

mpsracing

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am Beth with mpsracing.com. I have never posted in a forum but feel compelled to do so now. We too are having problems with Scott McKinney. We are on the other side though. We are a vendor he lists on his website. He ordered product, paid via credit card, received said product, and proceeded to chargeback his credit card charge. We have multiple emails from him ranging from promising to resolve the matter to threatening us. Surprise, surprise! I am just sorry so many consumers have had bad Internet commerce experiences with this guy. As you know most of us in the motorsports industry are honest and trustworthy.

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I am Beth with mpsracing.com. I have never posted in a forum but feel compelled to do so now. We too are having problems with Scott McKinney. We are on the other side though. We are a vendor he lists on his website. He ordered product, paid via credit card, received said product, and proceeded to chargeback his credit card charge. We have multiple emails from him ranging from promising to resolve the matter to threatening us. Surprise, surprise! I am just sorry so many consumers have had bad Internet commerce experiences with this guy. As you know most of us in the motorsports industry are honest and trustworthy.
Sorry to read this Beth, He has ripped me off too, not paying for services provided. He actually is the reason I no longer do powdercoating work for new shops without prior payment. He also threatened to sue me for putting facts about his non payment on line, and claimed to be in the hospital with a collapsed lung.
Mike
www.thepowdercoater.com

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he's lying about the collapsed lung then he should have his chest caved in, know what I mean?

mpsracing

Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy but I'm starting to feel sorry for this guy. Afetr reading all the other forums about him it seems like he is a 20yo kid that has got in too deep. Don't get me wrong, we will be pressing charges but the mother in me just wants to smack him into reality and say "come on kid, do the right thing". It would suck to be as stupid as he is right now.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it sounds crazy but I'm starting to feel sorry for this guy. Afetr reading all the other forums about him it seems like he is a 20yo kid that has got in too deep. Don't get me wrong, we will be pressing charges but the mother in me just wants to smack him into reality and say "come on kid, do the right thing". It would suck to be as stupid as he is right now.

You're right, sounds crazy. I don't know if he's that young but either way he's hustling people and living it up on their dime. Because of this he was able to take a NEW Tahoe, put in a NEW engine, etc, a NEW interior, NEW sound system, NEW body panels, ect. etc. etc. I mean maybe if he spent the money he burned on someone's well being, but he didn't.

mpsracing

Reaction score
I filed charges today with Valpo PD. They were very professional and receptive. I would suggest anyone owed money do the same. There is power in numbers. Unfortunately we will probably never see our money or product again but at least I did what I could to minimize his number of victims.

Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're right, sounds crazy. I don't know if he's that young but either way he's hustling people and living it up on their dime. Because of this he was able to take a NEW Tahoe, put in a NEW engine, etc, a NEW interior, NEW sound system, NEW body panels, ect. etc. etc. I mean maybe if he spent the money he burned on someone's well being, but he didn't.
and that LS7 has some awesome Mirror Black powdercoated parts on it!!!!!

Beth,
What charges did you file? I was planning the small claims route, but if there are other options, I am open to them.

mpsracing

Reaction score
We are filing criminal charges of grand theft and credit card fraud. PM me for details and contacts.

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That guys is a cheese ball. He had two user id's here, one useing the Scott Mckinney and the other SMM performance user name. This dumb ass would ask a question using the scott user Id and answer it with the SMM perfromance id. I also called him out when we had to register (with our personal info) just to "see" prices on his website. F@ck that dude. Sorry to all so got screwed but I think we all saw it coming.

gundog

Reaction score
I almost ordered a Diablo Predator from this guy, but fortunately smelled a rat and ordered elsewhere. Glad I did not deal with him. He sure was persistent in his efforts via email to try and get me to order from him.