Spark Plug install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive got some NGK TR55 plugs, gonna gap them to .04. Never installed before so well see how it goes. Doesnt look too hard but i am pretty clumsy. wish me luck and send any tips my way! Thanks!

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shouldn't take more than 30min, don't forget the anti-seize for the threads.

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anti-seize similar to lok tight stuff? Not familiar with it sorry. And I will hopefully get around to this tonight.

RenegadeTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anti-seize similar to lok tight stuff? Not familiar with it sorry. And I will hopefully get around to this tonight.

Just the opposite. Loc-tite seals the threads and holds them in. Anti-seize protects the threads from the heating and cooling characteristics of the head and allows them to be removed at a later time. Without anti-seize, the threads can become warped and not be able to be unscrewed. :thumbsup:

puckhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess that makes sense, maybe if I thought about it before posting up I woulda figured it out lol. Thanks for the help guys!

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s really more of a difference in thermal expansion and contraction. Steel plugs and aluminum heads, 2 unlike metals with properties that don’t really get along.

How is this an installation guide again? :ktoe:

bahollis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have not already done it... when you change your plugs do them one at a time. Remove the wire, change the plug, replace the wire. You don't want to put the wrong wire on the wrong plug.

ALSO, when you thread the plug back in use the socket and the extension, but hand tighten them first. Then use the wrench to finish it up. If you cross thread one it will suck big time.

BH