speed governors why!!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
well i think i know why there on there because of the ratings on the tires but is there a way around it? like how can i go faster than 97 or 98 miles an hour

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
lol actually i do. my buddy just bought an 08 tundra limited with the 5.7 and i cant stand going 97 and him blow by me like im stopped.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well 380 hp is more than 320. LOL. Plus a pick up truck weighs less than an SUV. :cool2:

Get a black bear tune and some tires rated for over 120. good 2 go then. My silvi and yukon have the same motors and the silvi is definatly more powerful. Cant wait to get the tune done.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
yea i know. ill look into the blackbear tune. i can get him as long as we dont go past 97 miles an hour lol

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I have said this before, you want to go fast safely, then get a Corvette. I just think trying to go gast in a truck with a high center of gravity is , well stupid. I have seen countless trucks flipped over from going too fast in a vehicle that was not meant for it.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
yea well if i could afford a vette then id go get one too. but, since i cant, im going to satisfy my speed needs in my yukon

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
yea well if i could afford a vette then id go get one too. but, since i cant, im going to satisfy my speed needs in my yukon

There are may good deals on pre owned Corvettes out there, in fact if I was single or with no kids I would have one.
I had my Tahoe up to 100 one time and got nervous and backed of to a more conservative speed of 80.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well in a strait line in any vehicle your fine IMO. The corvette shines in curves, not as well as a 300k+ super car, but well enough for me. LOL. and its fast. But IDK, if you drive it right then your ok. Just dont sue me when you die LOL.

1stimeyukon

Reaction score
im well aware of how the vettes handle i dont own one but my tundra buddy has a 00 vette and ive driven it a few times kinda difficult going in and out of driveways gotta go real slow and at awkward angles but worth it

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cause its so low. I swear im gunna rip off the lower valance one day out of my garage:lol: The noise hurts too (not your ears, your heart), plus any bump will scrape it, I wish there was a way to raise it for DD and lower for going fast. :yesnod:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most handheld programmers allow both the rpm limit and speed limit to be raised.

LVYUKYUK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speed governors why!!!!!! <-- because the majority of us are not really as good of drivers as we would like to think we are. :hlp:

(especially in a land barge)

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just did 92 in a 55. So IDK. I guess im a good driver. Yukon felt like 65. I was in a hurry. (dont ask why, its embarrassing)

Gambler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
speed governors why!!!!!! <-- because the majority of us are not really as good of drivers as we would like to think we are. :hlp:

(especially in a land barge)

I was wondering who the first person to say they were a good driver was going to be... Clearly you didn't read the above statement.