Squeaking Sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xTAHOEx

Reaction score
Just lately my tahoe started making a squeaking sound. It is around the center of the vehicle. If anyone knows what is making this sound it would be helpful it is really anoying. It is really loud if I go through a drive through or something like that.

clkelley

Reaction score
Does it squeak sitting still? I would check the serpentine belt, tension pulley, idler pulleys, and look for signs of coolant leaking from the water pump under the front of the truck. More than likely you will find the squeak on the front of the engine. If you can hear it there but can't pin point it, find yourself a "Stethoscope probe" to touch to the mounting bolts for the pulleys holding the belt on and listen through each of them. BE CAREFUL not to get it into the fan while the engine is running. But doing this, when you find the source you will know it by the sound through the probe.

That is if it squeaks while sitting still.

xTAHOEx

Reaction score
Its the worst when it is sitting still and the water pump was just replaced. You cant hear it at the front of the engine.

clkelley

Reaction score
Unfortunately, about the only place I know of that would have squeaks like that is on the front of the engine when sitting still. Have you checked all your pulley's, etc.

xTAHOEx

Reaction score
I've checked and haven't found anything. Ill probably just take it somewhere and have it checked out to make sure its not anything important.

clkelley

Reaction score
Yeah, its hard to find something across the net...lol Maybe take a video of the sounds if you can get one and post it up.?