Steering column not centered/alignment issue 2017 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

superpa12

Reaction score
2017 Tahoe Premier 18,000 miles, tires are Michelin and in good shape with probably 21,000 miles.
I have been working with my dealer to solve a front end alignment issue. Initially I took the Tahoe in because it was pulling to the right. I also noticed that while driving the steering column is not perfectly centered while driving straight. If you center the steering wheel the Tahoe will turn left. If you look straight down the column the steering wheel is cocked to the right maybe a half inch or so.

When placed on the diagnostic machine the dealer is able to center everything within tolerances. But the steering wheel is still canted to the right. I have taken it in 3 times and the dealership is unable to get the car to track straight (even though their diagnostic machine shows straight. I have told them the steering wheel is not centered. I asked them if there is a separate adjustment somewhere higher up in the column. They have indicated that the only adjustments are at the wheel. I am convinced there must be another adjustment they are missing.

Has anyone else experienced a similar problem?

Thanks in advance.

superpa12

Reaction score
Update:
I got a second opinion from a front end shop. They discovered a broken alignment pin on one of the casters. The missing pin essentially made it impossible to align the left side. To compensate for the problem the dealer had to over adjust the right side which caused the steering wheel to be off center.

With the alignment pin replaced the front end is now aligned back to specs and the Tahoe drives normally.

RCJG228

Reaction score
Isn't that special, the dealer couldn't figure it out and yet a front end shop could?