Steering/Suspension resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,
have any of yall ever tackled a steering/suspension 'rebuild'? im looking to basically get new idler arm, control arm bushings, sway links, shocks, tie rod ends, center link, etc on my truck.
i've only ever done this one time on an s10 that we were lowering. of course that came with a nice kit.
any suggestions on where to get all of this stuff??
thanks

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I accumulated most of my parts from SummitRacing.com when rebuilding my suspension... the last part was deciding which lift kit to get.

I used Energy Suspension bushings urethane bushing on all the suspension parts (A-arms, sway bars, end links, leaf springs, shackles, etc. Then topped it off w/ new ball joints everywhere, and new Rancho shocks. The suspension is awsome now. No slop, and drives very well. Tows nice too.

Good luck! If you're keepin your truck for a while, this is a great upgrade!

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks.
i do plan on keeping the truck for a long time, that being the main reason why i want to get it all brand new. it takes the slop out of the wheel too? cant wait.

fyremanpat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just replaced a idler and pitman arm last week...and what a nite and day difference....Hey JP, did you replace the rear sway bar bushings? If so where did you find them at, thats my next project and cant find rears anywhere.

JP422

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeap... i did replace the rear sway bushings, however I have Hellwig rear bar, so it's probably i went w/ that diameter (I did change to new rear bushings on the Hellwig.. urethane w/ zerk fitting)

peterey2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
night and day difference in the steering wheel slop?? i cant wait to do mine. how was the swap? any problems?