straight axel anyone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i want to swap out my front end to a straight Axel with leaf springs then lift the **** out of it ive heard its stronger then independent and cheaper to lift,
so my question is has anyone ever done this ive never have so im clueless is there a kit i can buy? or what kinda axel do i use...

thanks in advance to anyone with advise...

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
boost would be a good guy to ask for the info on what you'd need. its not gonna be cheap though.

GMCYukalade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not cheap.. well it can be if you fab it all yourself - i know there are kits.. ive seen them on the web - but most just use a front axle out of a ford or an older chevy

clean95

Full Access Member
Reaction score

thanks i ordered the kit for the ford axle and im goin this weekend to pick and pull to see if i can find a old ford 1ton for its axle, so when the kit comes in i will post some pics hopefully its not to difficult to install.. thanks for the links hellped alot!
chris

supaman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 2 buddies actually right now doin this conversion to their 98 ss and my other buddies 96 ext cab...they are NOT cheap but as far as difficulty they dont seem to be extremely hard or ne thing...time money and quite a bit of work but the outcome is AMAZING!!!