supplier pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

airbornedoc

Reaction score
I have the chance to buy a GMC or chevy at supplier pricing. Does anyone have any experience with this? How desperate are dealers to sell the Denali's?

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll probably find it near enough to the same as any other sale, I would think.

Black Dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I don't think there is a shortage to demand, I would expect them to see it that way. Now, if there is a significant surplus that aren't moving, then make sure you got em like that. But I don't know the answer to the exact condition.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supplier pricing typically is 100-200 below invoice price. It's a good deal, but just be aware that trade in value will be wholesale because of the profit margin being given away with supplier price. You will still be eligable for most rebates and incentives with that pricing.
Again, you won't get the discount off msrp, and get an inflated trade value. Just watch the bottom line, as with any car deal. That is the most important number...not how you got there. :thumbsup:

I probably should add that supplier price is asigned to each vehicle by GM, and is not negotiable. It is printed on the vehicle invoice, and that number is what the dealer should sell it for, minus rebates, trade, etc. If you ask, the dealer will probably show the invoice to you, and show the supplier price printed...I know I do with my deals.

Last edited:

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All things considered, I guess the car market is alright. March has been slow, and competition seems to be at an all time "high". Everybody seems to be VERY aggresive in pricing just to make a deal. It is a good time to buy, as long as you don't "bury" yourself in debt to do it.

grafgl

Reaction score
I just bought a new 2008 Denali for invoice less holdback, which was about $1800. This was below supplier pricing (which I qualify for) but above employee pricing. (All of this info is on the invoice.) I was able to get $3500 in rebates from GM on top of that; some of these didn't apply with employee pricing.

Ned's LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're not wrong, with the pricing and rebates. It is a little game that gm has that sets dealership up for mistakes. right now, we have 18 pages of rebates, and they all have to be cross-referenced to see what applies, and what doesn't. Not everything applies to employee pricing, either gms or supplier. We have to be very careful what we quote.
But it sounds like you got a tremendous deal. Good luck with it!

drmason1

Reaction score
One option is to get the supplier pricing and then get a couple of Internet quotes. That is what I did and the supplier pricing turned out better......but maybe the market has changed and Internet pricing will be better.

JD Larue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you can wait I think you'll get a better deal later in the year when gas prices are $5.00 a gallon and the 09's are coming out. I saved $10,000 off the sticker price just because of dealer and factory incentives ( ie: get rid of the 07's cause the 08's are coming out).