Swapping 6 CD changer for a Different OEM Radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LastFbody

Reaction score
I bought a 2003 Tahoe LT, awesomely clean truck for 120k miles. Came with the stock 6 cd changer with the stock Bose sound system. I realized about a month later that the cd system didn't work, so I decided I'd be clever and try to fix it. Instead of fixing it I caused it to make a whirring and clicking noise every 20 seconds regardless if the radio was on or not. Got annoyed enough to take it apart again and just disconnect the power running to the cd part of the radio, which stopped the sounds I would compare to Chinese water torture, but left me with only the radio, no aux, no cd. Rather than getting another GM 6 cd timebomb, I'd rather get just an OEM single cd player that has a tape deck (ghetto aux port) but I'm not sure if it's going to be as simple as reprogram it and drop it into the dash.

Does anyone know if you NEED to have a certain 03-06 Tahoe compatible OEM radio for the Bose sound system or will just any of them do?

LastFbody

Reaction score
Found out from elsewhere that doing what I posted above will NOT work. The Bose sound system requires the 6 cd changer or an aftermarket radio. Posting this for everyone else's reference.

murphyblack

Reaction score
Previous owner installed a Jensen DVD player in the dash of my 03 Tahoe. I would prefer to go back to the Original Bose 6 CD changer/cassette/AMFM unit.
Any suggestions on sourcing a Good used unit. Jensen DVD/CD player works fine, it just does not suit my needs.