system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8432lifted

Reaction score
i would like to put a system in my 99 2 door tahoe but i dont know much (actually nothing at all but im trying to learn) about car stereos. so far i have my highs in the front set with a rockford fosgate component set now im looking to install some 4X10's in the ceiling for my midrange. after that im getting a little lost. i dont want to flex my windows or set off car alarms but i do want something i can feel with more sound quality than decibles. also i want to get some looks when i drive by. can anyone help me pick the right subs?

Skyman99

Reaction score
I have 2 12 inch Rockford fosgate P2 sub's with a Rockford fosgate T400-2 amp in a custom box. You can hear it 2 blocks away. I have a control knob where I can turn the bass up or down. It sounds great.

8432lifted

Reaction score
what else do you have for your his and mids? i dont think that would be good for me cause the cops here love to issue noise tickets and im Navy so thats two strikes against me when it comes to north chicago cops. i was thinking about mounting either a set of 6.5" subs in the roof where the 4X10s are with some custom fiberglass enclosures or getting four 6.5s in a sealed box on the floor
any advice for that type of set up?

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You shure you got 4X10's, that is an odd ball speaker I have only seen in extended cab S10's....... Perhaps you got 6X9's or something, the 4x10s are very narrow and have no low end to crappy mid range.......

Good luck and thanks for your service...

Skyman99

Reaction score
That's sounds like a good idea to put 6.5 in your roof. If you do that you will not lose any storage space in the back. I have my custom box and a tool box in the back so I don't have room for anything else.
I have Memphis for my mids in the door and small round tweeters stuck to the upper corners of my windshield. I haven't changed the 4x10's.

8432lifted

Reaction score
You shure you got 4X10's, that is an odd ball speaker I have only seen in extended cab S10's....... Perhaps you got 6X9's or something, the 4x10s are very narrow and have no low end to crappy mid range.......

Good luck and thanks for your service...

i looked it up on a couple different websites and thats what they said i had there for my year make and model.

Nic1995tahoe

Reaction score
I work at a custom audio shop in Amarillo TX and yes you do have 4x10s in the roof and 6.5" in the doors..
in mine i put JL audio c2s for the doors and completely took out the 4x10s.. with bass in the back you're not really gonna hear them..
i made custom 6x9 boxes for under the backseats, and put c2 6x9s form JL as well.(ran separate wires to them from the aftermarket alpine deck)
and if you want them to sound 10x better put at 4 channel amp on them so they'll scream!
definitely recommend JL subs as well
If you're looking for real good high end quality sound go with JL Audio you are definitely not going to be disappointed
I might be a little late but i hope that helps!

8432lifted

Reaction score
never to late for good advice. thank you for the input. i still havent put anything more into my system but have had a lot of different ideas. but havent acted on anything yet but i will post when i get something done and get you guys some pics. thanks again.

R_Zachs

Reaction score
cant wait for the pictures. like seeing peoples projects to get other ideas going. no system in mine yet. later down the road there will be some 10's for movies on the long road trips.

003cruss

Reaction score
i have had alot of systems and rockfords r awesome speakers for deep bass but when it comes to the fast beets they seem to lag i would put a p3 punch and a jl w5 with about a 1200watt amp