TAHOE ALARM(venting)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyhoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went the the gym yesterday trying not to bother anyone, and i come out and i hear a car alarm. so i dont think anything about it; i walk to my car to find a broken window sitting next to my door.!!!! some one broke into my car stole my wallet and my moms purse!!! total loss of over 1100 dollars in cash and 6 credit cards, 2 iphons and my ipod. 2 minutes after i descovered my car jsuyt so happendly a cop strolled buy on his way to the station 8 doors down. and i flag him over, by the time he said wait here ill be back in a second he drove off and went to another two cars not 200 yards away in the same parking lot and they both had been robbed to... the one bmws alarm was silent and the hummer had one of those viper alarms and when he brok the window the guy came running out ancd called the cops! i assume the tahoe alarm went of 3 times then quit because thats what ist usually does i was very frusturated... its a multi million dollar gym with no effing cameras!!!! LA FITNESS SUCKS I had a few words with the manager resaulting in him doing absolutly nothing! i am kinda venting on here, hope i find the guy they are tracking the iphone today enless its dead... if i do find him i garentee you he will be hurting for a long time and his car will be a convertable! has anyone heard of a good alarm system that detures *******s!!!!

TahoeGoBoom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like you need an alarm with a pager... factory alarms do nothing. they make a lot of noise, but that really does nothing for you. you need to be able to know whats going on with your car. Autopage, DEI, just look for alarms with pagers and go from there.
sorry to hear about your truck. hope they catch em.

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds to me like you need an alarm with a pager... factory alarms do nothing. they make a lot of noise, but that really does nothing for you. you need to be able to know whats going on with your car. Autopage, DEI, just look for alarms with pagers and go from there.
sorry to hear about your truck. hope they catch em.

I agree with getting an alarm with a pager. I am getting one installed on my hoe when I get back to Mississippi this weekend. Viper 5701 and the newest version is Viper 5901. Go to Viper's website, choose either alarm and choose the accessories you want. Now if you buy from Viper's website it will cost you in the $1000's but you could do like me and get everything for half brand new off of ebay.

The reason that guy might have ran out is b/c he had a pager and it notified him that his alarm was triggered.

***Me venting: I had a dream the other night that someone broke into my Tahoe but I made it out there and shot them. Then my neighbor knocks on my door yesterday evening after I get home from work and tells me that someone with a black hoodie was lurking around my truck. :mad3: My Viper alarm will have a motion sensor which will chirp everytime someone gets near my vehicle and go off if bumped into hard or the exterior field has been entered then the alarm will go off fully. I'm now thinking about getting the accessory that ties into that which will have that voice box saying: Viper armed, or You are too close and etc.***

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd hope anybody who tried this crap on my Tahoe be gone before I get out there, because if I went out and caught em??? I'd probably catch an assault or murder case!
You should get a different alarm if it really did screw up!

oneradride

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t want to deter you because everyone needs to learn for themselves but I have been down that road and didn’t have much luck. Unless you live in a place that has no weather, rain, leaves blowing by, snow, wind, cat, dogs, birds, you get the point….. Having a dual perimeter radar will do nothing but drive you crazy……. When I lived in California we did a lot of these installs with the optional recordings and they are fun, recordings like get the fu*k away from my truck or the sound of a shotgun chambering a new round are cool but they get old fast…..

If your truck is ever going to be out of ear shot, having 2 way communications is the way to go, but parameter sensing can be touchy. Think about it, if a person not even touching your truck can set it off then just about anything can. That’s why no one pays any attention to auto alarms anymore. When it comes right down to it, there is nothing you can do that can’t be undone. If they want your ride they are going to get it. I’m sure there are some bad asses on here that say that’ll never happen to me…. I know because I was one. I’m a 6’3” 290 retired Marine and I have weapons and know how to use them. Trust me, none of that matters. All we can do is try to keep them safe.
Sorry to hear about your truck, I had one stolen 10 years ago, a black 1991 K5, no glass, no skid marks, no alarm, just gone. Cops never did find it. I’m sure women would beg to differ but it’s kind of like being raped if you ask me. You feel violated and there isn’t a damn thing you can do about it.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
two way on my yukon does not vibrate or anything (that I know off, I have never set the alarm off other than the panic squence)

But it just makes me glad I keep my two valuable cars (corvette and mercedes) locked up in a heated, motion sensored, glass break sensored garage. I wanna have set up a gun that will shoot blanks too. that will scare the **** out of any robber. I did this ever since the attempted break in last year to my house.

diffrnt

Reaction score
I have viper 5701 installed with a motion detector and don’t have problems with it. 2 way is the only way to go for alarms. Anytime my pager goes off, I go and checked on my big baby. Sorry to hear about your truck, that sucks!

e-dub75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly diffrnt.

I have decided not to add the voice module on the Tahoe but I did have the motion sensor on my last vehicle and it only sounded when someone was too close to it.

I actually added the sensor after my vehicle had gotten broken into. I just had my Hornet two-way pager alarm installed a couple of days earlier. I woke up one morning to see the driver side window on the ground and my belongings missing from my vehicle. I was pissed b/c if the standard shock sensor on the alarm did not go off. The installer suggested that I put on the motion sensor. A couple of days later someone tried to break into it again but the alarm went off. When I came out (gun in hand) no one was around but two handprints were on the passanger side window.

I feel that the motion sensor saved me then (and I had no false sirens) and should cover me now.

Hey diffrnt I see you are in MS. What part? I'm originally from West Jackson (where my vehicle got broken into).