Tahoe Chick car?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1. My wife's always had her Tahoe, all 3 of our cars are paid for, and we're driving them all until the wheels fall off.

It's hard to place an image to the Tahoe - all sorts of people drive Tahoes around here, it's a really popular vehicle. Young, old, parents, single people, male, female, pretty much every demographic group is represented. Like people have been saying - it meets a lot of people's different needs really well.

I win - our Cadillac Fleetwood has the V4P towing package, good for 7000 pounds.

we have a fleet wood too, an 86, but i tell you, its a dog with one person and a full tank, i dont see how it could even get moving with 7000 pounds on the back, yes we have the tow packedge.

sasquatch094

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to think of it as, if you drive a chevy or gmc.. Good for you!!! support domestics!

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have a fleet wood too, an 86, but i tell you, its a dog with one person and a full tank, i dont see how it could even get moving with 7000 pounds on the back, yes we have the tow packedge.

:lol: I wonder if you have the good 'ol 130 hp HT4100. They did better in later years - our 93 has the 350 L05 (Tahoe engine from that era!) with a 3.73 rear axle on it. Boy this thing moves. 94-96 saw the use of the LT1. Apparently those Fleetwoods can really move too.

Chuckles

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Results are in from todays outing. 22 tahoe/yukon's 12 of the drivers men.
I was surprised.:eek: That means there is more men than I thought driving chick cars!:D

fco_gonzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
add one more I drive my tahoe to work becuase my wife hates my lifted chick truck.

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think chicks drive them cause they make them "feel" safe and they like being high up, at least that's what my fiance says. I got mine because I wanted a silverado and this came along at a price that even a crazy person couldn't turn down. I plan to get a lot of toys and projects and this will pull them all wherever I need to take them. As for lowering a truck, I lowered mine for a cleaner look. I don't go offroad, I like lifted trucks but I can't justify having a lifted truck on big wheels/tires that never sees the dirt.

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:lol: I wonder if you have the good 'ol 130 hp HT4100. They did better in later years - our 93 has the 350 L05 (Tahoe engine from that era!) with a 3.73 rear axle on it. Boy this thing moves. 94-96 saw the use of the LT1. Apparently those Fleetwoods can really move too.

dont think so as its RWD, and had a 5.0 badge on the back (305 maybe), but it just does not make alot of power for how HUGE the hood is, one of the best cadi's ever made in my book, quiet, smooth, awsome STOCK speakers (changed the head but kept the speakers, better than any new car i have heard, from lincoln, ford, gmc , and chevy) and the steering is effortless, changed the stock lights to silverstars and now their almost as bright as my yukons.

wonder how easilly i could swap it to a 350??

LAPTOP.

i agree, chicks just want to drive mocho man trucks.

Last edited:

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like to think of it as, if you drive a chevy or gmc.. Good for you!!! support domestics!

DUDE, THANKYOU, never owned anything but an american truck, and all of our drivers own an American car, except our mercedes, but its a classic 84 so we keep it. yes we like old classic cars.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
DUDE, THANKYOU, never owned anything but an american truck, and all of our drivers own an American car, except our mercedes, but its a classic 84 so we keep it. yes we like old classic cars.

We bought foreign and regretted it every time. My wife had a Volvo 960, comfortable but a money pit. The Jetta's we have now are a money pit, we're stuck with those until the Tahoe is paid off, bottom line we buy American from now on, and yes Toyotas have recalls too, so I don't expect absolute perfection, but my bet is on GM products.

jey_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dont think so as its RWD, and had a 5.0 badge on the back (305 maybe), but it just does not make alot of power for how HUGE the hood is, one of the best cadi's ever made in my book, quiet, smooth, awsome STOCK speakers (changed the head but kept the speakers, better than any new car i have heard, from lincoln, ford, gmc , and chevy) and the steering is effortless, changed the stock lights to silverstars and now their almost as bright as my yukons.

wonder how easilly i could swap it to a 350??

Nice - Olds 307 I believe. I love my Fleetwood Brougham too. Certainly there are many engine swap options out there - space is definitely not an issue :lol: I found a thread on the Cadillac Forums I frequent that might give you some ideas for swaps: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/5-0-5-7/114445-90-brougham-motor-swap-lt1-455-a.html

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice - Olds 307 I believe. I love my Fleetwood Brougham too. Certainly there are many engine swap options out there - space is definitely not an issue :lol: I found a thread on the Cadillac Forums I frequent that might give you some ideas for swaps: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/5-0-5-7/114445-90-brougham-motor-swap-lt1-455-a.html

i think they went to the old's motor because the origional motor had the cylinder shut off and was too much trouble, 5.slow i like that. im gunna look in to it more, the engine is as old as the car, and its shows a little. LOL we got off topic.

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to kind of consider any 4 door SUV a soccer mom car. Maybe that's why I went with the 2 door Tahoe, lol.

I've never heard anyone go off about the Chevy vs GMG thing. Chevy and GMC kind of get thrown in together around here, and actually GMC is usually an afterthought. Now Chevy vs Ford, that's a rivalry.

LOL, I owned a 87 Sedan DeVille with the HT4100. It was fun to drive once you got up to speed, but that was the smallest v8 I've ever seen. The funniest thing about it was that you had to dump in stop leak every 6 months in order to avoid coolant leaks. It was in the owners manual, lol.

LAP TOP GAMER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flying somewhare in VATSIM&Delta virtual airlines
I used to kind of consider any 4 door SUV a soccer mom car. Maybe that's why I went with the 2 door Tahoe, lol.

I've never heard anyone go off about the Chevy vs GMG thing. Chevy and GMC kind of get thrown in together around here, and actually GMC is usually an afterthought. Now Chevy vs Ford, that's a rivalry.

LOL, I owned a 87 Sedan DeVille with the HT4100. It was fun to drive once you got up to speed, but that was the smallest v8 I've ever seen. The funniest thing about it was that you had to dump in stop leak every 6 months in order to avoid coolant leaks. It was in the owners manual, lol.

Yeah Ford is American, but it is sort of the bastard child as GM trucks rule!

Mike97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife drives a truck, a 94 Chevy half ton 4x4. My daughter is looking at buying a 86 K5 Blazer. Nothing wrong with chicks driving trucks, in fact, I kind of dig it.:thumbsup:

Trend Setta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one, and my girlfriend has one...but mine is...sick :)

Anything is better than the Ford Exploders haha...