Tail Light Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DocFitzy

Reaction score
The other day my tail light on the rear passenger side of my 98 Tahoe stopped working. The brake light won't light and the directional won't flash but the reverse light still lights. I tried rerouting the ground wire, no luck there. Any ideas on whats wrong with it?

Forgot to mention. Checked all the fuses and there are no problems there.

Last edited:

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
x2 Try plugging drivers into pass harness and see if better....

justimagination

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day my tail light on the rear passenger side of my 98 Tahoe stopped working. The brake light won't light and the directional won't flash but the reverse light still lights. I tried rerouting the ground wire, no luck there. Any ideas on whats wrong with it?

Forgot to mention. Checked all the fuses and there are no problems there.

Take the connector apart and wire brush clean all the connectors, you will see one that has turned black, make sure you clean it real good, all done , just went through same problem with my 99. Good luck :peace:

lesterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine had a melted connector on the PCB side where the bulbs plug in, hope it is something simple and cheap....