Tech: Quad beam headlight mod

Discussion in 'Technical write ups & Installation Guides' started by JKmotorsports, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Ice98

Ice98 Full Access Member

Just a note, but wouldn't the added heat of having both bulbs on simultaneously shorten the life of the bulbs themselves? I already run ultrawhites for both sets of headlights and they get damn hot as it is

2. 02YukDenXL

02YukDenXL New Member

I'd have to leave the highs on with the lows and see how hot they get. I only use me highs for a few minutes at a time so the heat generated is probably minimal. I'm more concerned with why the horn is going off at random. Didn't do it prior to the mod. I know I have the right wires.

3. Woods8605

Woods8605 New Member

any one done a write up on how to make fogs and low beams stay on at the same time on a 2009 Tahoe ltz?

4. HatchCover

HatchCover New Member

I dont think anyone has as of yet! But i believe it would be the same idea. Just figure out which relays control each light function and install the appropriate Diode as they have suggested in this thread and it should work fine

5. carguypat

carguypat New Member

Awesome thread

This is the best thread I've found on the quad headlight mod. I heavily used it to do the mod myself. When I tried to figure it out it took a while and this video would have really helped.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW0djDnpvEo