Test Driving And Visiting Dealer Today - Help!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnoake

Reaction score
I am currently test driving a 2007 Tahoe LS that is stickered for $24,995. I'm returning it today... LOVE LOVE LOVE the car, but don't know much about it and this is my first car purchase in years.

Need some ideas on how low you suspect I can get the car for... it's in great shape, very low miles at 16,700. Clean interior, smoke smell but I can get rid of that.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
diana:gy:

dnoake

Reaction score
$25,025

they're just a hair under blue book.. think $22k sounds unreasonable, with today's economy?

mary900

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Offer what you want to pay for the vehicle but be prepared to walk away from it. I walked away from several dealers until one said "sold". In the end, I got a smokin' deal on my 08 LS.

metro273

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am currently test driving a 2007 Tahoe LS that is stickered for $24,995. I'm returning it today... LOVE LOVE LOVE the car, but don't know much about it and this is my first car purchase in years.
I think that's an awesome price! I'd jump on that asap...:yesnod:

Nnaboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$25,000 for a LS 2007 Tahoe with 16k miles:nonod:
I just said in another thread people are getting BRAND NEW Escalades for $45000, so buying an 07 Tahoe with 16k miles for that price is ridiculous, you can get a new LS Tahoe for that price if you look around and negotiate more!

Poe1983

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$25,000 for a LS 2007 Tahoe with 16k miles:nonod:
I just said in another thread people are getting BRAND NEW Escalades for $45000, so buying an 07 Tahoe with 16k miles for that price is ridiculous, you can get a new LS Tahoe for that price if you look around and negotiate more!

Agreed. I just finished making a comment in that other post as well. You can find something better. Believe us.

BlueAc

Reaction score
I dont think that's a good deal. I have a dealer in Delaware trying to sell me an '07 Yukon Denali w/ 21K on it for 30K. It doesn't have Nav, so I'm going back and fourth. I think if you throw out a low number and work from there you can get a great deal. Make them sell you a car... don't buy one!!! :thumbsup: When I first got to the dealer he said he wanted 34,995 and wouldn't budge, I said fine and walked out. Twenty minutes later he was on my phone asking me to come back. These guys are hurting right now, if retailers are feeling the crunch what do you think dealerships are going thru?

LaredoTexas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 Tahoes new from dealer are going for 26K... go and try new you should also get a better interest rate on a new vs used.