The interior is out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Very cool JK! Forget the spare, who needs that stupid thing anyway, right? :D Question tho -- with that MDF box hanging out the bottom, how you gonna protect it against the elements? Is it coated with something, or did I miss some pics (or did you put a metal box around the whole thing)? You got some skid plates on the back end now? :crazy: Foo Dang, dawg! :lol:

Yea, I tossed the spare. I would never be able to use it anyway because of my brake kit; the brakes are too large to fit behind the stock wheels.
I welded together a box out of some aluminum panels (aluminum sucks to weld, btw) and angle iron. Then I mounted the MDF box inside of that. I sprayed rubberized undercoating around the outside of the enclosure and layed Dynamat on the inside walls of the aluminum panels. I got so caught up into the work that I forgot to take pics through some steps of the process.
The box only hangs about 13 inches from the bottom of the floorboard, which is less than the entire spare tire and spare mount together, so you can't even see it unless you kneel under the truck.

I have to pick up some material tomorrow to cover the new "floorboard", and then wire in the LEDs to the rear liftgate latch so they come on when the liftgate opens. So, I should have it done tomorrow or the next day, depending on my schedule.
I'll post some more pics later. Thnx for all the comments guys.

Last edited:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this in here for kicks:
879e4cfa.jpg

JAGastrock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap.....you are so far beyond talented, I am not even sure how to word it....sheesh!!!

Rollin Thunder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea, id kill for that kinda talent, i thought it was nice knowing how to work on engines, but to do all that and more. man that rocks.

02TAHOELT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks cool, do you have any ideas to do a similiar setup but with a set of third row seating

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thnx guys:thumbsup:

Looks cool, do you have any ideas to do a similiar setup but with a set of third row seating
You can do close to the same thing, just make the faux floor a little different to go behind the 3rd row. Or if you don't really haul stuff and not worried about it, you don't need to have another floor built over the subs. You can simply use metal mesh grilles over the subs. The box will have to go a couple inches closer to the rear to clear the brackets for the seat, but that's it.
The 3rd row wouldn't make it any harder, just have to change up the "false floor" some.

tah0e02

Reaction score
You know what they say about people in texas...... they always do it BIG.:mad3:

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your project looks awesome J/K, what a great idea and great execution of it!! The cool thing about it is that if someone were to peer in to see what kind of goodies you might have, they would be disappointed and walk away, that false floor is excellent!! Nice work!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Some more pics. I just finished wrapping the cover piece (my new floorboard:D ). Here's what it looks like so far. Only thing left is to wire the LEDs and finish sound deadening the front half of the truck now.

e396ce79.jpg

cbfdaa3f.jpg

b5f6d57c.jpg

be014f4c.jpg

16dd7867.jpg

It sounds really good. Everything sounds nice, clean, and solid.

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks sexy as hell dude :cheers: I'm embarrassed to show mine because it looks like it came out of circuitcity.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Thnx Boost.

Alright, here's the breakdown of the shelled funds:
100 sq ft Dynamat - $890
96 oz Expanding foam - $32
MDF - $48
Angle iron and aluminum panels - Free
Material (Flex-form carpet and leather)- $15
Rubberized undercoat - $30
1 sq ft 3/4" clear acrylic - Free
LEDs, hardware, misc. - Free
Jute - Free

For a system makeover grand total of.....$1015. And worth every penny IMO. The truck feels so solid now, like new again. The exhaust and roadnoise has dropped drastically, almost non-existent. The music is nice, tight, and really solid sounding. And the cabin is totally void of any annoying vibration induced noises. I should've done this a long time ago.

bparker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK that has to be the best and absolute slickest setup I have ever seen. Your imagination astounds me. Not just for creativity but for every day practicality as well.

You have out done yourself sir. I never liked a lot of all out balls to the wall modded interiors of cars. But your setups are always top notch, classy and very practical and functional that most people would love to have. Even for those who are not audio whores too. Take my wife for example, she cares nothing abotu audio setups at all - but when I showed her yours she was like "ohhh and awww" and she wants something like that too! To get her to say that, you have seriously impressed someone.

Again, that setup is the best I have ever seen. I think you should patent it :lol:

My hat is off to you :D

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would absolutely have to agree, what a top notch job you have done on your truck!!! Looks great and your should pat yourself on the back on this one for sure, looks completely perfect. You da man!!

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Hey, thnx guys. I really do appreciate all the comments:thumbsup: .

Tahoe07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a chance to browse the entire four pages for the first time.

GREAT JOB!

I had a couple of thoughts as I was reading thru...

#1 How the heck are you ever gonna run fast enough to ride-standing up in that hole?

#2 Why was the rear of the false floor cut in on each side? Then I realized you were matching it to the shape of your cargo mat. nice

#3 Where did you get OEM matching carpet for so cheap?

Again, nice work.

Last edited:

FergHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carry a can of Fix-A-Flat with you just in case, like the new vettes. im not ready to loose my spare. A++ looks awesome man.