The interior is out...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
...Where did you get OEM matching carpet for so cheap?

Again, nice work.

I have a dealer account at a specialty upholstery shop here in town.

Carry a can of Fix-A-Flat with you just in case, like the new vettes. im not ready to loose my spare. A++ looks awesome man.
:D Yea, I wasn't too thrilled on losing the spare. But then again, I couldn't use it anyway because of the larger brake kit. Plus I have free roadside assistance anytime I need it from one of my brother's company.

zeokter

Reaction score
Your ****in rediculous!!!!!! lol.. so clean!!! soo soo freash and so clean!!! makes me wanna go get some new floors!!!!:cool2:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Put in some new subs.

Replaced the Kickers with some Alpine Type R's. These handle the 3K watt amp I have better than the Kickers.

AlpineTypeR1.jpg

AlpineTypeR.jpg

boostaholic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good call :thumbsup: I wasn't gonna say anything but the kx600.1 in my tahoe really pushed my cvrs and they didn't like it sometimes. Really clean sounding subs but can't take a whole lot of power. What amp are you running on those?

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Earthquake PHD3 running at 1ohm. Class D mono, rebuilt to 3500wrms/5000wmax. I had this single amp pushing eight Earthquake DBX dual 4ohm 12" subs in my Expedition. Way too much power for these Type R's, but I got four of these (Type R) brand new for the price of one. Kept two and sold the other pair. Still much better than the CVRs I had in there though.

Last edited:

IndigoDUBDUB

Reaction score
so, this is what it looks like when finished... I only got to see it when you were at the car wash pressure washing your carpet... You have the same taste I do...
No need to show it off unless you want to..Stealth is definitely the way to go to keep the functionality of an SUV..
I will be building on mine this summer, hopefully it will turn out comparable to yours bro..

BJ

WrenchGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You made me see that I could start a battery bank under there. I like the way you thought that up. Sweet!

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey JK, would you mind posting pics of your system look WITH the 3rd row seats put in? I'm just curious as to how subtle they subs are.....

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey JK, would you mind posting pics of your system look WITH the 3rd row seats put in? I'm just curious as to how subtle they subs are.....

I don't think he has a third row. plus he has a false floor there, so I don't think they'd be able to snap in.

Phat LC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, wasn't sure whether or not he used his third row....

Yeah, I was kinda unsure about it since the false floor did take up a considerable amount of space.......thickness wise......that's why I asked....

Nice truck either way!!!!

tekkitan

Reaction score
what does the rearend look like on the bottom? i couldnt tell how far the box was hanging down. i have been trying to come up with ideas on a hidden sub install, this is the best idea so far but I am not sure about doing it myself :)

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
what does the rearend look like on the bottom? i couldnt tell how far the box was hanging down. i have been trying to come up with ideas on a hidden sub install, this is the best idea so far but I am not sure about doing it myself :)
If you are standing behind it, even kneeling, you can't even see it. The depth of the enclosure is 13".

Sepiroth

Spam Executioner
Reaction score
How do you think that material, I forget what type of wood you used for the box, would hold up to weather? Be it rain, humidity, snow, salt and road debris? Long term Short term?

tast101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How do you think that material, I forget what type of wood you used for the box, would hold up to weather? Be it rain, humidity, snow, salt and road debris? Long term Short term?

I believe he built a Metal housing box around it.

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
Yea, you definitely don't want to just use wood. It will swell, rot, and come apart in no time. I welded a metal frame together close to the exact dimensions as the outside of the box, set the box into that, and bolted everything up. The metal frame is bolted then welded to the floorpan. Inside the metal housing is lined with Dynamat. Then the MDF enclosure is bolted to the inside of the metal structure. From underneath the truck, everything is coated with rubberized undercoating and looks like part of the truck.

Last edited:

treepete

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JK, I just saw this thread, and that is the awesomeist install I have ever seen.
your the master.
\
Pete

with all the dynamat and the foam between the panels, is it ultra quiet in there now?

VaTahoeLt

Reaction score
someone would be pretty damn surprised if they were going to go and try to steal your spare tire. :rofl:

JKmotorsports

tahoeyukonforum.com
Reaction score
JK, I just saw this thread, and that is the awesomeist install I have ever seen.
your the master.
\
Pete

with all the dynamat and the foam between the panels, is it ultra quiet in there now?
Hey Pete, sorry I just noticed your question. But yeah, a huge difference. Not like Caddi or Benz quiet, but definitely way quieter and more solid feeling than before.